Have I told you lately...

Dino334

Inspired
...that I love you, my Axe Fx Ii XL! Being a traditional tube head & cabinet kind of guy for years, after getting my FAS I have been able to integrate this masterful piece of beauty into my rig and fine tune my tone to exactly what I've wanted for years! I'm blown away by the effects too. The shimmer is the only one I've had some difficulty in. I find it easier to use the L6 octoverb so far. It has a deeper tone and depth to it than I can seem to get from my Axe. But I'm sure I'll get it soon enough. Thanks again Cliff & company!

It is extremly transparent when used with an amp. I have tired it with my Bogner XTC and it is flawless in the loop imho. Have not tried it with 4-cable method yet. It's still the best purchase i've ever done.
I still get impressed with the Axe after years of use and after i got the XTC last week. The Bogner into my 2x12 cab is a great experience as well. Different. The Axe made me look for a Ecstasy because it sounds soooooo good in the Axe.

And the real one is the best amp i've ever played (for my use and taste)

I now have a great amp, fx unit + a sh.t load of great amps in the axe. I found it even easier to get the right sound out of the axe after i got a reality check with the Bogner. Not a big change. Just a little tweak on the global eq. ;)

And the feel in the axe is just amazing. I put up the CAE lead. Saggy lead tone to die for. Two Rock - smooth, yet cutting clean to break up. Carol-Ann... Killer Bonamassa tone... Etc etc...

Bogner - fat drive... Just like the real thing.. Just more ways to tweak the tone than the real one.

Agreed...so many tweak able options to fine tune almost anything! In recording mode the unit is second to none...live I'm using it into my effects return of my Mesa rig. Though not as flexible as using an frfr, I can still get "my sound" easily, along with a 5153, a Marshall, and one helluva a clean sound using it this way. So many options, so much feel and live sound, and still with the beauty of real power tubes and a couple of 4X12 cabs! Works for me better than I could've ever imagined!

Back
Top Bottom