Haunted Shores???

I'm running my 5150 patch with the boost off and gain on 2.99 you'd prob want ur drive on the pedal at 0 - but I have the MV on the 515- at 6.5 and level -15. I'm also running two gate expanders since I have an ultra and 5150 is noisy for me. Different rooms will change this though. I would put mix on your drive pedal at 50% level at 5. Maybe try 0-4 presence work your way up from there. Maybe change mid frequency on your drive pedal to 1400ish - maybe turn the bright cap up to 1.0 when you turn the switch on :) His exact settings wont apply because he is not using EMG's so that will have a big impact on your tone as well.

A second more educated opinion told me to recommend a compressor in the chain. Gain with 0 on the 5150 and use the drive pedal to bring your gain :)

Please note I've been known to do some pretty stupid shit making patches, but I hope this helps man.

I was going to say, he has a pretty big compressor going on in there. It sucks it all right back up. You can hear it pump when he let's go.

hey man try this. Will still likely need some tweaking but it should get you a lot closer. Make sure your input knob on axe is set properly as well. You'll want it to be touching red on really hard strums, just lightly touching red though. prob 2-3 oclock

the name of the patch is 5150 metalcore because I forgot to change that, its not supposed to sound metalcore anymore at all lol

Attachments

• Peavey 5150.syx
    2 KB · Views: 120
As far as gain goes, less is more. Gain is also collective, so if you have 2 guitars playing with distorted patches, you shouldn't need to set your gain past 12 O' clock. :)

awesome man, helped me a lot
i never tried these equalizers cos i didnt know much about them but this is also an inspiration
thank you :D now i can tweak by myself

Back
Top Bottom