Haunted Shores???

TS Mod>FAS Modern>German cab or Metal cab w/421 mic....just my guess though.

Awesome video by the way! Thanks for sharing!

i dont know but i didnt get this warm but crunchy sound
:|
tried so much and nothing works, the closest i come to this tone was with a fusion amp
but not close enough -_-

then try the Das Metal(diezel vh4)sim. w/Recto 2 cab no mic.keep the preamp at about 2.5 to 3.for more chunk turn boost on.all else default.
it all depends on your rig.what are you monitoring through?what pickups?keep trying,you will get it.

i play trough a orange ppc 212 and a ibanez with emg 81/85 pickups

the problem with the fusion amp is that its not crunchy enough, awwwww -_-

Sorry about the long reply man. Looked at it 2 days ago (I think) and I'll be honest I wasn't a fan of it at all. I remember you using 2 drive pedals which I found to be too much. Also, I remember you used the FAS modern (I think) and I have not had good experience with that sim. If you're looking for a tone like Mark Holcomb I would suggest only using one drive pedal (ts808 or ts808 mod), any amp sim that is good for high gain (vh4, 5150, dual rec, FAS modern if your willing to tweak more, uberschall). Your cab is up to you, I often find myself changing my cabs all the time until I find the right combination of cab/mic in a mix.

When tweaking your amp, make sure to go into the advanced settings as well, mess with the damp/sag controls.

Also try to make more use of filters and PEQs. A good high pass and low pass filter will always help to tighten a tone up to how you want it sounding.

Your ear is your best friend with the Axe, I mean its easy to come on the forum and request something...but the true beauty of the machine comes out when you take hours and hours of tweaking. So just keep tweaking and tweaking...in time your tone will develop to your desired sound. I've had my axe for 2 months now and some of my patches have been in the works since I got it. It takes time :)

So I hope these tips can help, I know it might not necessarily be the answer your looking for, but theres a reason why people keep encouraging others to use their ears and tweaktweaktweak on this forum. It pays off :)

-Jeff

metal with r121 and parallel to that try south or german with 87a mic. ore 421. I run my presence around 4 on thatr amp, but maybe try 0 instead of -10. I also like the bright switch on, then turn up the bright cap. if u dont like it switch it right off. Its all about what you like. if it sounds good, awesome!

Back
Top Bottom