Haunted Shores full song released! (Cab Pack 13: ML USA Bulb)

Cab Pack 13 is the shiznit!!! I can't wait for the "Citrus" pack to come out. Misha Mix 8 has been my go to IR for all of my sounds since getting it. It's definitely the Cab Pack you want if you're going for that Periphery/Haunted Shores type of tone. I made a clip playing the opening riff from "The Bad Thing" blending the 5153 50w Blue and the Friedman BE into Misha Mix 8. The first half is double tracked and the second half is quad tracked. Check it out!!

Quick demo of Misha Mix 08 IR from Cab Pack 13.
The guitar is in standard tuning, so it may not djent ;)
There's no post processing/EQing. It's amazing how easily the guitars cut through the mix with this cab pack!

They used multiple real amps with a load box and then ended up using that Misha Mix 08. One of the biggest strengths for using Cab Pack 13 is that it works with just about any amp sim in the Axe-Fx.

Quick demo of Misha Mix 08 IR from Cab Pack 13.
The guitar is in standard tuning, so it may not djent ;)
There's no post processing/EQing. It's amazing how easily the guitars cut through the mix with this cab pack!

Vitor that sounds awesome! It's really cool to see Cab Pack 7 lovers using Cab Pack 13 and ending up sounding equally awesome yet completely different. This just sounds a lot more modern and better produced than most metal sounds out there. Real or modeled. Good job buddy! :)

Cab Pack 13 is the shiznit!!! I can't wait for the "Citrus" pack to come out. Misha Mix 8 has been my go to IR for all of my sounds since getting it. It's definitely the Cab Pack you want if you're going for that Periphery/Haunted Shores type of tone. I made a clip playing the opening riff from "The Bad Thing" blending the 5153 50w Blue and the Friedman BE into Misha Mix 8. The first half is double tracked and the second half is quad tracked. Check it out!!

Duuuuude! That sounds evil! Good job man. I usually don't like quad tracking but in this clip it definitely kicked another gear on. :) Massive sound bro!

Check it out guys! These dudes took their Peripherynesses to a very dramatic direction. :) I like it!

Their upcoming EP is mostly using Cab Pack 13 Misha Mix 08 IR for guitars.

Pre-order the EP guys! :)

GREAT TONE !!... to me ML MISHA MIX 08 is like a magic pill for high gain amps, also I loved SM-57 MD 421-47-3-12, this pack working very well with clean amps as well !!...I'm making a sound-clip with that [emoji6]

Sent from Hyper Planet

I got a request to share the patch I used on my recording so, here it is: Axe-Change - Download Preset - #%&$!* - by Poozer79 It's a shockingly simple patch.

I switched the IR out for F043: 4x12 Recto SM57 (for obvious reasons ;)) If you have Cab Pack 13, just switch it out for Misha Mix 8 and give it a go!!

*Disclaimer* - I have one of Misha's Jackson signature models which helps a lot with the tone :)

I gotta say, this song kicks far more ass than I was expecting. Only a few parts are anything like Periphery IMHO. Kinda has a bit of an Opeth thing going on melodically. Fyeah!

Totally agree with the Opeth comparison. I was feeling a little Devin Townsend flavor in there as well.

I love those titles they come up with. Actually I wanted Misha to go nuts with naming the IR's for the new pack but we ended up using descriptive IR names. It's probably for the best. :D

Nice work! Would you mind sharing screenshots/settings of both amps for none XL users?

I made very few adjustments from the stock settings in both the amp blocks. On the Friedman I raised the input drive to 6. For both amps I raised the treble and presence to around 5.7. I also turned the bight switch on and set the bright cap to around 1350 (not to be confused with the "bright" knob). The only other adjustment I made was changing character type on the dynamics page to "Dynamic" with the frequency at 1000 and the level set around 3 to 4. It's really that simple. I think the bright switch/bright cap settings along with the character type settings are the most important tweaks to make in order to get this tone. I use this setting on the Dynamics page in all of my high gain presets. I just adjust the frequency knob to taste depending on the amp model and which guitar I'm using. :)

Back
Top Bottom