Has the "White Screen" Issue been resolved?

quark

Experienced
I am anxiously waiting to put in an order for a III but have been holding off due the fairly large number of reports of the display screen turning white. It seems to be happening often enough to let one wonder whether there is a design glitch here that needs addressing. So does anyone know if the cause of the white screen has been found and if there is a fix in place?

I'm not sure about how many reports there have been, I've only seen a couple reports on this forum and I'm pretty sure units were fixed or replaced quickly. A lot of people will only post something if there's a problem so I don't think it's necessarily a systemic issue.

I was curious about that too, but seems we'll never know for sure because they don't give us those details.
But everybody that needs their support is happy, so... pull the trigger and be happy too.

I spend like 2 hours a day on these forums and I’ve not seen any large number of reports or anything that could be considered an “issue”

Are there lots of people reporting these problems I’m not aware of or is this the classic internet “issue” where 2 people report soemthing and it means that even though tens of thousands don’t have it is a “wide spread” problem ?

Mines in the mail for it at the moment, will be at FAS on Thursday, slow ass ground from Ohio takes 4 days to NH. Hopefully have back for a show the next weekend. Ordered some pedals to create a backup rig, as my confidence has been shaken.

When I got the original Axe fx II in 2012 my screen would flicker like crazy Cliff sent me a new ribbon cable but I never had to use it because just re-seating the installed one fixed the issue. I wonder if this could be similar? I haven't had issues with my Axe III screen but I'm not gigging it until I get an FC-12 so it's not getting moved around but if it happens the first thing I'll do is check the ribbon cable.

FYI: from what I can tell, there are a limited number of reports of this. Speaking personally, I got one of the first Axe FX III units and it has never had the white screen issue.

When mine arrived it started up fine with the display showing correctly and working ok.

A couple mins later it acted up with a couple of screen flickers and then the white screen of death

FAS took care of everything in the most reasonable expiditious way possible!

Got my unit back and working great. I’ve yet to audition the unit as I too am waiting for the foot pedal.

Customer service is incredible and 2nd to none at FAS!

no production has a 100% non-failure rate; but I'll reiterate, I leave my axefx iii on all day most of the time and have used it almost every day since march. the machine is solid; this is a ridiculous reason to hold off purchase. In the unlikely case there is an issue, FAS has made it abundantly clear that they'll take care of it -- not sure what the problem is here.

If you can afford the AxeFX III and have time to learn to program it, it should be a no-brainer. I have zero regrets.

But for those buying on the second hand market, it's a huge gamble.

Not huge. FAS will fix it, but you will probably have to pay for it.

I have not seen that many reports, so the 'fairly large' comment I'm not sure I agree with. Keep in mind that people generally only post problems or need assistance. If we had a forum dedicated to 'Post here that you've received your Axe III and it's okay!' then that would be full.

And also there's a prevailing wind on this forum that we're the only one's who own FAS products. The vast majority never come close to here.

Not huge. FAS will fix it, but you will probably have to pay for it.

I have not seen that many reports, so the 'fairly large' comment I'm not sure I agree with. Keep in mind that people generally only post problems or need assistance. If we had a forum dedicated to 'Post here that you've received your Axe III and it's okay!' then that would be full.

And also there's a prevailing wind on this forum that we're the only one's who own FAS products. The vast majority never come close to here.

For sure wasn't trying to state anything other than that. Mine is under warranty, but it has shaken my confidence. There is a reason all the pros have 2 of them in their racks.

I had an ultra, no issues, a II since it came out till the 3 came out (whats that 10 years?), no issues. III for 3 months, and screen dies. Crap happens. I love when guys say "mine is fine, no issues", no crap, mine was fine too, until it died lol. uggh.

I had the white screen issue. All I did was open the unit up, made sure the ribbon cable was on tight then pushed down on the DSP board (the one with the fan) and made sure it was on securely. That was my issue. I felt it clamp down when pressing down on it. I turned the unit back on and it worked normally.

I had the white screen issue. All I did was open the unit up, made sure the ribbon cable was on tight then pushed down on the DSP board (the one with the fan) and made sure it was on securely. That was my issue. I felt it clamp down when pressing down on it. I turned the unit back on and it worked normally.

FWIW - this is a 5 yr old thread 😉

But solid advice 👍

Back
Top Bottom