Has Cliff finally allowed the Axe-Fx III to become sentient?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, etc... many times now, and I am still finding I cannot get a connection to Fractal Bot or Axe Edit, however, my XL+ and the Ultra get a connection with Fractal Bot and their own Axe Edits without any issues.

It would seem like there is an issue with the USB connection from the III.

Firmware on it says 3.01 (Jan 30 2019) and the USB says 1.06

Does anyone know if I should try to use a midi interface like the M-Audio Uno to update things on the III?

I use the M-Audio Uno for my Ultra.
No, everything via usb

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, etc... many times now, and I am still finding I cannot get a connection to Fractal Bot or Axe Edit, however, my XL+ and the Ultra get a connection with Fractal Bot and their own Axe Edits without any issues.

It would seem like there is an issue with the USB connection from the III.

Firmware on it says 3.01 (Jan 30 2019) and the USB says 1.06

Does anyone know if I should try to use a midi interface like the M-Audio Uno to update things on the III?

I use the M-Audio Uno for my Ultra.
No the uno will be very slow.

After you choose Axe3, if you click the MIDI in and out boxes, does anything appear?

No the uno will be very slow.

After you choose Axe3, if you click the MIDI in and out boxes, does anything appear?

It shows the Uno and my Boss JS-10 but it does not show the III there like when I have the XL+ connected.

I have tried the older drivers for the III and Axe Edit and Fractal Bot as well just to see if they might make it work for me.

I have tried various scenarios like nothing but the III connected, rebooting after each uninstall/install, different USB cables, and nothing has made it work yet.

I will try a different computer today just to see if the III doesn't like sharing the same USB port as my XL+ and Ultra :)

I don't see what else I should try to fix the USB connection.

I never had these kind of issues with my XL+ or Ultra (and I think I saw my III smile just now, LOL).

I want to thank everyone who provided suggestions, tips, feedback, etc... , since it was very much appreciated by me.

I have spent a LOT of time (easily 15-20 hours) trying out different scenarios and researching the problem, and I even went out and purchased a brand new computer, USB cables, and I had my friend bring over his III (it worked fine on my original computer setup).

This unit has been played on by me less than 8 times so things like this should not happen to a brand new unit :-(

Thank you again for your efforts to help me get this fixed, and I sent an email to the Fractal Support so hopefully there will not be a lot of down time for the unit.

I want to thank everyone who provided suggestions, tips, feedback, etc... , since it was very much appreciated by me.

I have spent a LOT of time (easily 15-20 hours) trying out different scenarios and researching the problem, and I even went out and purchased a brand new computer, USB cables, and I had my friend bring over his III (it worked fine on my original computer setup).

This unit has been played on by me less than 8 times so things like this should not happen to a brand new unit :-(

Thank you again for your efforts to help me get this fixed, and I sent an email to the Fractal Support so hopefully there will not be a lot of down time for the unit.
Yes if your friend's III works on your setup there must be something to see with support

Back
Top Bottom