has anyone tried the Amp factory presets that Andy is selling : platinum package

drsts

Inspired
would love to read some feedback from anyone that has used them. i can't seem to locate any sound samples.

The 450 presets on the bronze pack come with their own new impulses that's already mixed and fine tuned from the new pack. When you load the preset if you want to keep it, you save the corresponding ir to a user ir slot. After that you are free to experiment and make your own preset using the new ir also. So long story short yes it has new ir from the new pack, but if you want full flexibility to make your own ir mixes you need the more expensive packs.

I also brought Bronze, and some of the tones are the best I have ever gotten out of the Axe. All of them seem easily tweakable to sound great, but some just make me go wow and get lost in playing. And i'm only on the third speaker in the pack :encouragement: I think the bronze pack is a steal as currently priced.

My only concern is what happens after a few more firmware updates? It's not clear if Andy will update them if they get broken and give us access to the updates?

I would love to hear from The Cab Factory regarding any reworking that would need to be done after a major FW upgrade that drastically changes the sound. Is it fair to expect TCF to rework their presets everytime there is a FW upgrade?

I would love to hear from The Cab Factory regarding any reworking that would need to be done after a major FW upgrade that drastically changes the sound. Is it fair to expect TCF to rework their presets everytime there is a FW upgrade?

Really guys? I mean seriously? That's "our" job. wow, I guess I am just too old fashioned or something, or is it logical? I just don't understand how this can be expected. They are selling the Cabs, the presets are a "gift" IMHO

I gave the bronze pack also and I am loving many presets-with my USA Strat\Fralin Blues specials, no clipping, no garbage, unbelievable. I don't know about the hi gain\metal stuff because I don't go there.

But many crunchy and clean tones are killer-ex: lonestar stuff, Clean Triptik, many others.

And please no fights here...

*******************Also, I have already changed some of the cabs to one I already have and the presets remain "great" I mean the ones that started that way. Give it a try.*************

Last edited:
I also brought Bronze, and some of the tones are the best I have ever gotten out of the Axe. All of them seem easily tweakable to sound great, but some just make me go wow and get lost in playing. And i'm only on the third speaker in the pack :encouragement: I think the bronze pack is a steal as currently priced.

My only concern is what happens after a few more firmware updates? It's not clear if Andy will update them if they get broken and give us access to the updates?

I agree with the first sentence 100%

Really guys? I mean seriously? That's "our" job. wow, I guess I am just too old fashioned or something, or is it logical? I just don't understand how this can be expected. They are selling the Cabs, the presets are a "gift" IMHO

I gave the bronze pack also and I am loving many presets-with my USA Strat\Fralin Blues specials, no clipping, no garbage, unbelievable. I don't know about the hi gain\metal stuff because I don't go there.

But many crunchy and clean tones are killer-ex: lonestar stuff, Clean Triptik, many others.

And please no fights here...

*******************Also, I have already changed some of the cabs to one I already have and the presets remain "great" I mean the ones that started that way. Give it a try.*************

Dude if you are going to end your comments with "and please no fights here...." then don't be a dick! If you re-read my question, i was WONDERING whether or not there would be updated presets as the FW's are issued. I am ALLOWED to ask a goddamn question. I hate how this forum jumps on people for asking a freaking question. jeezz

I dont expect TAF do do ANYTHING beyond their initial sale. However it is a LOGICAL question to ask if something i PURCHASED will be future proof with regards to updates to FW that changes the sound of the "product".

OK- I did screenshots of the dynamic tab and the power tab from the Lonestar B&B Gypsy preset-which I like. I then compared to the default lonestar dynamic and power tabs..........exactly the same.... The basic parameters are "not" the same.

Now I have only done this one amp so far, but it seems the basic controls were where TAF did their tweaking-and the cab mix of course. I'll do some more later, but this is very promising to me. Give it a try and see.

So if the defaults drastically change in the advanced parameters in a FW update, make sure you know the defaults. I think we need a spreadsheet or do we already have one for all default parameters on all the amps, every tab....yikes!!!!!!

Dude if you are going to end your comments with "and please no fights here...." then don't be a dick! If you re-read my question, i was WONDERING whether or not there would be updated presets as the FW's are issued. I am ALLOWED to ask a goddamn question. I hate how this forum jumps on people for asking a freaking question. jeezz

I dont expect TAF do do ANYTHING beyond their initial sale. However it is a LOGICAL question to ask if something i PURCHASED will be future proof with regards to updates to FW that changes the sound of the "product".

???? But you " dont expect TAF do do ANYTHING beyond their initial sale" I see, so it's a logical question??? How?? Whatever - you win.

At least I also try and find solutions like my post and work "immediately" after I posted the one you didn't like. Check the times.

My name is Frank, btw, not Richard.

I have the Bronze Bundle aswell and so fare there are some really well balanced presets - It's 450 presets, so I'm still sorting out and wednesday I'm in the studio and I will make some sound samples.......

From what I have heard he will not be updating the presets with the firmware. That said I don't think that future updates will make the presets unusable, maybe slight changes. Worst case scenario reset the amp block and tweak to your liking.

Seems like most of the changes are in the speaker tab to pair the amp with the selected cab IR. Not sure how drastic that would change with a firmware update (guess only Cliff knows). As far as the basic tab, that's easily tweaked and I've already changed gain/input trim on the presets to match my guitars. I think most of the presets sound really good, but for the price, I'm not really worried about not being able to adjust after an update.

I bought the bronze as I have too many IR's I havent even tried already

I havent tried tonnes but the ones I have I think are really good . clean ones I've tried needed gain tweaking for me but no biggie

Quote from The Cab Factory (Andy) -

"Regarding the current presets, because Im one man.. updating 450+ presets every FW will be too much to ask on top of what I already do. - these (as documented) will be as is. unless something fundamental changes that breaks them, if this is the case I'll happily update them all. and naturally when Im changing things, using them with different FW's then I'll happily save them out and share them too. (The TAF-Xchange will be full on eventually)"

great info. thanks guys. andy does such great work and is truly a good guy, i will pull the trigger on that purchase.

Back
Top Bottom