Has anyone recreated the preset "Pink Floyd Synth" from the Axe Ultra to Axe II

mcgyver

Inspired
Has anyone recreated the preset "Pink Floyd Synth" from the Axe Ultra to Axe II ?

I have the Ultra version on a copy of AXE edit on my old MacBook Pro.
I have the Axe II connected to my new MacBook Pro and I copied the preset block by block, setting by setting and it does not sound a thing like the Ultra version. This is a really cool preset. Want to know if anyone has tried to port it over with better success then I had?

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Last edited:
I do not know this preset at all, but if it sounds that different this must be because it relies a lot on the AMP block settings (I suppose you did not make any mistake when copying parameters in the other blocks).
In this block, try lowering the Master Volume and slightly increasing the Damp. Also try to lower the Presence.

Re: Pink Floyd Synth Ultra Preset

I think it is more then just the amp sims that are different. The synth block does not sound the same when I copy the settings from the Ultra version over to the AXE 2 version. I have tried different amps. But this patch relies more on the synth settings. I just can't get it to sound the same. I'll keep trying. This was really a great patch on the Ultra. Not able to get this right so far on the AXE 2. I wish someone else would chime in who knows this patch.
Thanks
Jamies

I think it is more then just the amp sims that are different. The synth block does not sound the same when I copy the settings from the Ultra version over to the AXE 2 version. I have tried different amps. But this patch relies more on the synth settings. I just can't get it to sound the same. I'll keep trying. This was really a great patch on the Ultra. Not able to get this right so far on the AXE 2. I wish someone else would chime in who knows this patch. ThanksJamies
Synth block is the same. The way modifiers are set is different. I would guess that is where the major difference is. Got the patch?

Hi,

I'm also triing to remake that patch on the Axe 2.
Step by step i compared both Ultra and Axe 2:
Amp alone
Amp + GEQ
Synth,
4 Cho
Rev
Cab

I didn't really tried the comp, the wah and dist cause not major on the basic preset sound.

As a result, I found a sound imitating very well the Ultra until to put the CAB. With the cab, sound is changing so much! Tried several cabs and mic, but without success.

Then I put the equalizer after the synth, and GEQ sound more efficient. But it does not help that much.

So I attached this patch to the message. Hope it works :)

What do you think?

Lionel

Attachments

• Pink Floyd Synth.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 68
Re: Pink Floyd Synth Patch

Hi Guys, Really nice results razoumihine. Much better then I did. But still not exactly the same.
Here is the patch from the Ultra. Maybe Javajunkie could take a crack at it. It is a very cool patch on the ultra. It would be really nice to have it on the AXE 2. Thanks for your help guys.
Cheers
James

Attachments

• 048 - PINK FLOYD SYNTH copy.syx
    2 KB · Views: 47
Is there a clip of this preset somewhere? Useful to know how it "should" sound?

As far as the modifiers:

set your filter parameter in V1 to min ~1000 man ~4100
it looks like the level should min ~-12 to a max of 0, I guess.

Input gain on the delay is the same as the Ultra
wah freq is the same

Amp level looks like a min 0f -9.25 and a max of 0

Hi Guys, Really nice results razoumihine. Much better then I did. But still not exactly the same.
Here is the patch from the Ultra. Maybe Javajunkie could take a crack at it. It is a very cool patch on the ultra. It would be really nice to have it on the AXE 2. Thanks for your help guys.
Cheers
James

If I dont engage the cab, neither on the ultra patch, and nor on the II, I hear the same sound on both units.
That is why I say "that's the cab'...
I hope some one will cook it better :) !!

Back
Top Bottom