Has anyone here tried the JBL PRX612M powered wedges with the Axe Fx II?

I just recieved my coupon code to purchace the Axe Fx II and I'm trying to decide on a nice pair of powered wedge cabs to use with it. Has anyone here tried the Axe Fx II with the JBL PRX612M powered monitors? It's powered by a 1000W Crown amplifier and I have always known both JBL and Crown to be of good quality. I have so far only heard the JBL on a few youtube videos (no videos of it being used with the Axe Fx II yet though). One I watched compared the JBL PRX612M to the QSC K10, and to my ears the JBL sounded much better. I believe I have narrowed it down to either a pair of the JBL PRX612M, the QSC K10, or the QSC K12. I was just wondering if anyone here has tried any of these speakers with the Axe Fx II or compared between them?

When my Axe II arrived, I went to GC to buy the QSC's. They set me up in a private room and I hooked my ipod up to a/b the K10 and the K12. I listened for about an hour and liked the 10's better than the 12's. One of the employees came in and we started taking about his favorite monitor which was the PRX612M. I plugged into it and after the 3rd song, went home with it. To me, it blew away the QSC's. The JBL does not get much attention on this forum though. B.T.W. my keyboard sounds AMAZING through the JBL also.

When my Axe II arrived, I went to GC to buy the QSC's. They set me up in a private room and I hooked my ipod up to a/b the K10 and the K12. I listened for about an hour and liked the 10's better than the 12's. One of the employees came in and we started taking about his favorite monitor which was the PRX612M. I plugged into it and after the 3rd song, went home with it. To me, it blew away the QSC's. The JBL does not get much attention on this forum though. B.T.W. my keyboard sounds AMAZING through the JBL also.

Thanks for the info, Shreadology! I plan to go and check these out at GC sometime soon, but I already have a feeling that I will be coming home with a pair of the JBL PRX612M wedges for my Axe Fx II!

Are you using just one JBL PRX612M in mono with your Axe Fx II or are you using two of them in stereo?

I'm just using one for my home setup. I have the mixer output going into it. Its a small space and I did not know if I would really get any benefit from two. The one thing that is nice about the QSC's was they have two inputs where the JBL has only one but soundwise to me there was no comparison. A big favorite seems to be the RFC NX12sma but I have no access to hear them and they are twice the price of the JBL's.

Take a listen to the EV Live X powered speakers as well. You may be suprised how well they sound for the price.

Roger

When discussing the QSC remember there is a significant difference between the K12 and the KW122. You really should be comparing the KW122. I have tried the JBL PRX615 and it was very nice. The 15 was a bit of an overkill for a guitar box but stunning with a keyboard. The JBL is a great box and cheaper than the KW122 so if you like it , go with it.

When discussing the QSC remember there is a significant difference between the K12 and the KW122. You really should be comparing the KW122. I have tried the JBL PRX615 and it was very nice. The 15 was a bit of an overkill for a guitar box but stunning with a keyboard. The JBL is a great box and cheaper than the KW122 so if you like it , go with it.

Thanks Simon, I wasn't aware of the KW122. I'll have to check them out also.

Back
Top Bottom