Has anyone ever tone matched a processed patch of their own?

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
I made a patch, recorded a brief track in logic, high and low passed it, then did some tweaking in Ozone 5. It sounded like the tits.

I then used it as my reference source to tone match and HOLY S**T, it sounds freaking amazing!

Anyone else tried this?

I think this is what a lot of bands will do; get their processed tracks from their producer that produced their album, run a tone match and just use that for live to get that perfect 'album' tone. . I've definitely considered trying it.

I was recently wondering what would eventually happen if you tone-matched something... then tone-matched that.. and then that.. a dozen or two dozen generations down the line, how similar would it actually sound?

I was recently wondering what would eventually happen if you tone-matched something... then tone-matched that.. and then that.. a dozen or two dozen generations down the line, how similar would it actually sound?

Not sure....I'd imagine it would deviate pretty far from the original tone after 2+ matches. Would be cool to try it out though, haha.

Back
Top Bottom