Has anyone built a model preset for the 4140 Club & Country?

bxlgotham

Inspired
I just picked up one of the (supposedly?) only 200 or so of these made, which provided Lifeson with the signature sound on Moving Pictures, and literally out of the box when using the right settings and input channel. Remarkably under appreciated and unique amp. It's 40W and too loud for me to play regularly at home volumes, so wondering if there's a preset out there or if I should as a novice attempt to even make one.

I checked the AxEchange and found nothing.

1619467536298.png

I just picked up one of the (supposedly?) only 200 or so of these made, which provided Lifeson with the signature sound on Moving Pictures, and literally out of the box when using the right settings and input channel. Remarkably under appreciated and unique amp. It's 40W and too loud for me to play regularly at home volumes, so wondering if there's a preset out there or if I should as a novice attempt to even make one.

I checked the AxEchange and found nothing.

View attachment 82482
Let Cliff borrow it. He tried to buy one a few years back but it was in too bad of condition to model.

Let Cliff borrow it. He tried to buy one a few years back but it was in too bad of condition to model.
Apologies because I can tell I should know who Cliff is. And I assume he can be trusted to return it lol. I'd be willing to do that if it would help the community/product. Point me at Cliff and I'll discuss. Thanks for the recommendation, I doubt I'd have the time/patience to figure out how to do that properly given that I can't tell a USB apart from a system firmware :)

Also I'd say this one is near mint. It does have an FX loop circuit modified, but I believe it is by passable and doubt sincerely that even if it isn't, it has materially altered the tone. When I plug in a high output bridge hum bucker guitar into the left high channel, turn on boost and crank pre-amp volume to 9, everything but the talent of Alex Lifeson rang through the speakers.

Apologies because I can tell I should know who Cliff is. And I assume he can be trusted to return it lol. I'd be willing to do that if it would help the community/product. Point me at Cliff and I'll discuss. Thanks for the recommendation, I doubt I'd have the time/patience to figure out how to do that properly given that I can't tell a USB apart from a system firmware :)
Cliff is Cliff Chase, founder and CEO of Fractal, who is acknowledged as the creative force behind the Fractal products and who personally speaks for the software and hardware here. He is @FractalAudio on this board. If I were him, I'd have escaped the country to someplace with no internet or cell service after getting this last firmware out, but I doubt that is actually the case.

Back
Top Bottom