Happiest of Thanksgivings to All! :o)

Radley

Experienced
Happiest of Thanksgivings to All, including the mighty Fractal Team! :cool: Haven't posted here in a while (been rather busy with my Boss-Man and rotator cuff surgery/recovery), but I am excited about trying the new 10.03 update. Since it is Thanksgiving, I must say I am very thankful that Cliff keeps these (free) updates coming - folks who use 'other equipment' are not so lucky!

We did some live gigs for BBC TV & Radio while in London (a few weeks ago) - the highlight was playing on the same show with Sir Paul McCartney and band (I know his drummer quite well - Abe Jr. is the son of Abraham Laboriel, leader and bassist for the fusion group Koinonia). Sir Paul actually came over and talked to each of us after the show was over - it was surreal for me, since I consider him one of the greatest songwriters of all time (MHO). We were also assisted by the incredible London Symphonic string section for the main BBC telecast called 'Electric Proms'. Now I'm back at home continuing the 'exquisitely painful' therapy for my recovering shoulder - thankfully it no longer gets inflamed when I play guitar. :cool: Be Thankful, Y'all!

~Hadley~

+1

Good to see you are on the mend and back around !

I look forward to your thoughts on the latest too ....

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well :!:

Sixstring said:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone... ;) Hay Radley did you get a chance to show off the Axe...?

Because this was an 'Espresso Tour' (without our regular touring support), We all took very small rigs (I only had a GT-8 and a Fishman Aura Spectrum to cover all acoustic and electric duties - direct to the house). Because of Neil's new album, most of my parts were on acoustic guitar this time. I still love my Axe-FX Ultra, and plan to use it on some studio projects in the near future :eek:)

Same to you and "missed ya!" ;)

I saw you've played Antwerp, less than a mile from my home...
If I had known beforehand, I would have come and rotated your cuff for sure! *cough* :p

Thanks Radley & everyone else...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
My girlfriend and I are busy prepping now. No less than 13 people in the house tomorrow. Good times...

Btw, Radley, I can feel for you with the Rotator cuff deal - I did a number on mine back in 93 when i went down in a really bad motorcycle accident. Unlike fine wine, my rotator cuff hasnt gotten better with age. Im sure an operating room visit is in my future.

Good luck on the recovery, etc...

vAmp said:
Same to you and "missed ya!" ;)

I saw you've played Antwerp, less than a mile from my home...
If I had known beforehand, I would have come and rotated your cuff for sure! *cough* :p

Yes - Playing Belgium was a hoot (although I was sad to see that some locals were quite rude to Americans, but such is life)
I definitely had the best beer of my life there, and the audiences were great! :cool:

I don't mind you 'rotating my rotator', if you can do it in a way that doesn't hurt so danged much!!! :cool:

Glad you are posting again and good to hear you've been busy working and rehabbing. My wife's been through two surgeries (one on each shoulder) and it's not an easy process by any measure. Keep your head up, sounds like you are making progress.

Radley said:
Yes - Playing Belgium was a hoot (although I was sad to see that some locals were quite rude to Americans, but such is life)
My sincere apologies... :cry: They must have been under 40 or drinking our heavenly beer :oops:
Also a reason why I don't enjoy crowds or don't go to live shows much.

I definitely had the best beer of my life there, and the audiences were great! :cool:
If you would have started on the beer a bit later, you could have enjoyed the fries, chocolates and shopping as well. Better luck next time :lol: :p

Thanks, Radley! Same to you! Hope the rotator cuff heals soon. :) Sir Paul, eh? I can't even imagine what that would be like. Color me envious. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Hadley,

I switched on the television a couple of weeks ago and watched Jools Holland on BBC which is always enjoyable.
To my surprise I suddenly saw you playing with Neil, on acoustic guitar IIRC.
So funny, watching and realizing it's the "Radley" of the conversations over here. :D
And sure as hell, as a real gearhead I was looking for an AFX in the backline, but no. :D

Man, what a gathering that was. Sir Paul, and wasn't Elvis Costello there too, and others?

Happy thanksgiving to you

Yes - Elvis Costello was there also. He played 2 songs with only his acoustic and an upright bass - we all thought he sounded great.

Back
Top Bottom