Had the AX8 for a week now and…

Sorry had to ask. What is that monitor/wedge on the floor. I have not seen one before. My last name starts with a B lol!

Some of my favorite amps are:

Clean/Blues OD:
Band Commander, Captain Hook 1A, Badger 30, Double Verb Vib, FAS Class A, Vibrato Verb AB
Crunch: Brit 800 Mod, 1987x Jump, Hook 2A/2B, JM 45 Jump, Plexi 100W 1970, Plexi 100 Jump
Hi Gain: Dizzy V4 Blue 3, 5153 50W Blue, FAS Modern III
Lead: FAS Lead, CA Tucana Lead, ODS 100 HRM

I'm using the York Audio Bipolar Cab Pack YA "Class-A 15W Mix 7" IR for my clean/blues OD presets, and a custom mix of 4x12 IR's (M160/4047 mic's) from one of the more recent FAS Cab Packs for my crunch/higain/lead presets.

Glad you're digging your first week! It gets even better as you go. You started off right with the XiTone. Great product. I have 2 powered 1x12's myself that I run in stereo.

Last edited:
Glad you're digging your first week! It gets even better as you go. You started off right with the XiTone. Great product. I have 2 powted 1x12's myself that I run in stereo.

Indeed I should state I already own the Axe Fx II Mark II so knew tonally what I was getting into, and had my Xitone made passive because I have the matrix GT1000, but after getting the AX8 it's much more what I was after. Easy to use on the fly and the learning curve isn't too steep.

Indeed I should state I already own the Axe Fx II Mark II so knew tonally what I was getting into, and had my Xitone made passive because I have the matrix GT1000, but after getting the AX8 it's much more what I was after. Easy to use on the fly and the learning curve isn't too steep.
Agreed. I originally had 2 passive 1x12 XiTone's that I ran with a Matrix GT1000 with my XL. When I picked up the AX8 I realized I didn't want to lug around a rack case as well for the Matrix so I bought two powered XiTone's and sold the 2 passive ones. They are great. Still very light at 38lbs.

View attachment 39682 Totally loving it for its portability, ease of use and of course sound. Makes my life easier for sessions here in NY.

What are some of your favorite amps and effects combos?
Here are my 2 fav's that I built one is Acoustic sim patch great for clean guitar (no distortion) other is more a versatile patch based off of Smitfar's 3 screen video tutorial that I created for myself... keep in mind they are based on my home gear so may need to be tweaked or may not be of use at all but hope it helps...
Cheers, Dave....

Attachments

• 3-Scene-Cln-Dst-Dst+.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Acoustic SimDaveO.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Here are my 2 fav's that I built one is Acoustic sim patch great for clean guitar (no distortion) other is more a versatile patch based off of Smitfar's 3 screen video tutorial that I created for myself... keep in mind they are based on my home gear so may need to be tweaked or may not be of use at all but hope it helps...
Cheers, Dave....

Awesome thanks for the share!

Back
Top Bottom