H0ly $@&%! My wife just surprised me with a Reactor FR!!!

I came home from work and it is my wife's Birthday. We had dinner and I mixed my wife a few drinks. I went down to my guitar dungeon to work on some of my Berklee class and there it was. In all it's glory, the Atomic Reactor FR! What a great surprise, I didn't think I would get a chance to hear one of these before I left. I am so excited right now. My wife said that Tom was a total professional to deal with and very cordial on the phone. She was very impressed with the service.

I am very impressed with the TONE! It is exactly what I wanted. The Atomic FR sounds amazing when paired with the Ultra and I've only scratched the surface. It actually sounds better through the Atomic than when I run through my Beyer DT-770's. I love this setup. :D

If she really loved you, she would have gotten two!!! ;)

Just kidding Chop... Congrats!! Can't wait to hear your review! :D

Congrats man! What a wicked surprise! Can't wait for mine.

Gonna have to forward this post on to my Mrs. :mrgreen:

now that's what i call a keeper!!!she got you something on her birthday!!!! :D
DAMN,you are going to OWE for a looooong time!!! :shock:

Chop, I hate to be the one to tell you this...But.....

Your wife is cheating on you. :lol:
Its the only explanation. That kind of generosity can only be a cover up for massive guilt.

Sorry dude.

sprint said:
I'm going to show my wife your post so that she sees what real love is all about.

Also, I'm interested to know: does your wife follow your guitar related needs that closely, or does your GAS come out during dinner conversation such that unless she gets you that FRAtomic you would not be able to move on to other conversations such as the new swimming pool she wants or whatever.

My wife's standard comments about my guitar dungeon are:

"I don't know why you need all that expensive looking stuff down there - Mitzie's husband is in a band an he has only 1 guitar that doesn't even need electricity!"

"Last time I was down here I didn't notice that box over there that says Fraggle or whatever on it - so how much did that cost?".

"how many speakers do you need anyway? - you started with one, then 2, now these 4 big speaker boxes down here - and why are they encroaching on my laundry area!!".

"honey - there's a man at the door who say's he's here buy the POD you advertised on Kijiji - did you forget he was coming?, what should I tell him, and what is a POD?"

"your brother says he will be here at 8 with his fender amp, and no, he doesn't want to try out any of your digital crap!".

"yes dear - you all sound great down there - call me when your done - I'm going to the mall to get some Tylonal".

Grats man ... the comments from your wife are priceless btw :lol: specially the first

hhjh.de said:
[quote="Porkchop Xpress":3opggtuc]I am very impressed with the TONE!

Am very impressed of your wife...[/quote:3opggtuc]
+1 :shock:
I was shocked when my wife bought me a game for the xbox360!

mortega76 said:
If she really loved you, she would have gotten two!!! ;)

Just kidding Chop... Congrats!! Can't wait to hear your review! :D

Lol! I told her I was thinking of buying a second one and she was all upset. "What, one isn't enough?!?"

I can't wait to use it enough to give a good review on it. My first impressions are; this thing sounds great! The patches I am using for recording are the same ones that sound great through the FRAtomic, so I can't really ask for much more than that. More to come on that review in the future.

GuitarDojo said:
hhjh.de said:
[quote="Porkchop Xpress":2a570ma1]I am very impressed with the TONE!

Am very impressed of your wife...
+1 :shock:
I was shocked when my wife bought me a game for the xbox360![/quote:2a570ma1]
That is the amazing thing. She bought me Call of Duty MW2 this week also! :D

sprint said:
I'm going to show my wife your post so that she sees what real love is all about.

Also, I'm interested to know: does your wife follow your guitar related needs that closely, or does your GAS come out during dinner conversation such that unless she gets you that FRAtomic you would not be able to move on to other conversations such as the new swimming pool she wants or whatever.
Yeah, my wife is my best friend, so we talk about everything. The funny thing is, every girl that I dated before meeting my wife loved that I played the guitar. My wife couldn't care less other than the fact that she is supportive of the things that I do. The amazing thing about that is she knows an amazing amount about guitar gear just from listening to my verbal diarrhea for years.

supersecretjim said:
Chop, I hate to be the one to tell you this...But.....

Your wife is cheating on you. :lol:
Its the only explanation. That kind of generosity can only be a cover up for massive guilt.

Sorry dude.
:lol: I think I'm good. She's just hedging her bets because I just agreed to have a fourth child and she just went off the pill so she's all excited about that.

You're a lucky, lucky man!

My 2 FRs were delivered Monday night just before my wife got home. I was busy unpacking them when she walked in through the door. First thing she said was 'Wow I love that logo (the Atomic logo)'. She made me smile ;-)

Porkchop Xpress said:
Lol! I told her I was thinking of buying a second one and she was all upset. "What, one isn't enough?!?"

My standard answer to my wife on this often-heard remark: "I may need more than one guitar/amp/gizmo/etc. but I only need one woman!" That usually helps a little bit. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom