Gyrock : The Axe-Fx of guitars

$16,000! That is a pass for me. Could easily get 4-6 quality instruments for that much $$$$ and would have an even greater tonal pallette than the Gyroc offers.

Seems you are also locked into a hardtail configuration with the Gyroc, or perhap something like a Kahler.

That’s the loudest hum I’ve ever heard from a dual hum-bucker guitar. It almost sounds like he’s not plugged in.

It sounds awful

16k?

you could buy 3 decent sounding guitars for 1/4 of that

I don't like one thing that does everything- I like 'one trick pony' guitars

Also--
What sounds better- Variax? or this?

I don't know

BUT- if it's a Variax with $15,500 in your pocket vs this... it's a no brainer

There’s not a huge amount that I like about that particular design. Primarily, I would worry about the long-term viability regarding the quality of the pickup contacts and mechanics of the rotating drums. Mmmmm.. I just don’t like the overall design, or concept in general, to be honest.

..Active electronics or processor-side EQ’ing would accomplish most, if not all of what the convoluted design is trying to accomplish, and the price is.. well .. I would never pay that kind of money for such a design. I would rather stomp me-up a different tone than try and switch out pickups on the fly.

Seems more like a collectible oddity, than a long term solution to the problems it’s trying to solve.

Just a bucketful of opinions. And I’m sure they’ll do well with it, in spite of ’em. :0)

There’s not a huge amount that I like about that particular design. Primarily, I would worry about the long-term viability regarding the quality of the pickup contacts and mechanics of the rotating drums. Mmmmm.. I just don’t like the overall design, or concept in general, to be honest.

..Active electronics or processor-side EQ’ing would accomplish most, if not all of what the convoluted design is trying to accomplish, and the price is.. well .. I would never pay that kind of money for such a design. I would rather stomp me-up a different tone than try and switch out pickups on the fly.

Seems more like a collectible oddity, than a long term solution to the problems it’s trying to solve.

Just a bucketful of opinions. And I’m sure they’ll do well with it, in spite of ’em. :0)
Gyroc - a solution looking for a problem to solve...

That body looks pretty thick as well. Might be fine if you want to play an archtop or something, but not for this. As @Jeries said, you could have a Variax and over $15K left in your pocket...

Back
Top Bottom