WOW!! Incredible playing! Well done.

Ps. Wanna buy my guitars... all of them. I think I'm going to sell them all after seeing this. o_O

WOW!! Incredible playing! Well done.

Ps. Wanna buy my guitars... all of them. I think I'm going to sell them all after seeing this. o_O

Thanks man on such a nice comment, but it's still not good enough...I mean, this guy Guthrie is out of this world. Whenever I think I am kinda close, like at least 30% there, I fire up his clips again, and it's like a cold shower every single time, lol :) But, one have to keep trying and practising, I suppose :)

Thanks man on such a nice comment, but it's still not good enough...I mean, this guy Guthrie is out of this world. Whenever I think I am kinda close, like at least 30% there, I fire up his clips again, and it's like a cold shower every single time, lol :) But, one have to keep trying and practising, I suppose :)

Wise man named Benjamin Zander (look up his talks on youtube sometime - this first sentence only kind of makes sense if you have seem em') talked about a world of downward and upward spirals vs world of vision and possibilities - Just focus on becoming the best you! I thought you were fantastic - I didn't think of Guthrie during the performance, but rather I saw a talented musician letting loose. Guthrie is a great inspirational player to look up to, so keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Wise man named Benjamin Zander (look up his talks on youtube sometime - this first sentence only kind of makes sense if you have seem em') talked about a world of downward and upward spirals vs world of vision and possibilities - Just focus on becoming the best you! I thought you were fantastic - I didn't think of Guthrie during the performance, but rather I saw a talented musician letting loose. Guthrie is a great inspirational player to look up to, so keep up the good work.

Of course, it's not my intention to sound and play exactly as Guthrie (altough it would be nice, lol). And it's not about his tehinque that much - it's that amazing phrazing and such a diversity in his playing that is simply remarkable.

Ah hah.. I agree - Regret #9 and Drive home are my favorite solos of his, though I like many more that he does as well.

I actually can'y pick any favourite. They are all so damn good, from his songs, work with Aristocrates, to plain improvisation stuff over backing tracks scattered on Youtube. Real monster, and such a cool and nice guy! :)

Guthrie is amazing. He seems to have no boundaries between what his mind is thinking and what his hands are playing. One of my favorites is just a short little demo of a Vigier Fretless.

Back
Top Bottom