Guthrie on the FX8

I didn't know Victor Wooten had a daughter :D. . . . great bass player, another great ,young female bass player to go along with Julie Slick ( Adrian Belew Power Trio), and Tal Wilkenfeld, (I know I misspelled her last name , with Jeff Beck).

Govan sounded good also but that bass player stole this vid . .

Now that is how I like to start my day!
Guthrie always puts a smile on my face and those two young women are total monsters.
Thanks for sharing Matt.

I didn't know Victor Wooten had a daughter :D. . . . great bass player, another great ,young female bass player to go along with Julie Slick ( Adrian Belew Power Trio), and Tal Wilkenfeld, (I know I misspelled her last name , with Jeff Beck).

Govan sounded good also but that bass player stole this vid . .
UNLESS you went back and edited it, you got Tal's last name xactly right! She is amazing live , got to see her with Mr. Beck couple times and of course the Live at Ronnie Scott vid is the pinnacle of modern music.......

I had to look the drummer up since I couldn't see her on the vid. Looks like M@ is moonlighting with his mad keyboard skillz. Just kidding M@. He's obviously an older relative. B)

Monsters.jpg

And the bass player and drummer sure are...

The video just clocks for me... I can't get it to start playing... But I was able to confirm on YouTube that said bassist is Mohini Dey as I was suspecting.

I've seen a few videos of her playing and she is a bad ass.

What"s he using for an amp?
Victory. In an interview I saw recently he stated that so many of his gigs are fly dates that he travels with a 50 watt Victory head that he can carry on the plane and than rent a 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30's for the gig.

Last edited:
Guthrie is always one of my favorites! I would be curious to know if he is using any drives from the fx-8 for solo/gain boosting...

Back
Top Bottom