Guthrie Govan setup (October 2023)

Last I heard he had 2 of the Laney 212 FR cabs. I'm guessing he's still using that setup. They look like this:

Guthrie_Govan.png

Hi,

here's what Guthrie Govan uses during european tour of The Aristoctrates.

One pedal is Volume, another one is Expression (confirmed by Guthrie's technician).
Really nice trick with the towel ;)

He stole my setup! :)
I’m drawn to his playing, but also impressed with his discussions concerning the elements that were important to his signature guitar design. I thought “spot on”…..

Last I heard he had 2 of the Laney 212 FR cabs. I'm guessing he's still using that setup. They look like this:
Yes, he is using a pair of Laney LFR-212 FRFR Active Cabinets. And it all sounds very clear!
And the funny thing that he was (during the show in Munich, Germany) in the same T-Shirt as on your photo ;)

Last edited:
I really like the look of the Laney cabs but every demo I have heard they never sounded right. I might have to pick one up and run it.

I really like the look of the Laney cabs but every demo I have heard they never sounded right. I might have to pick one up and run it.
I have the 1x12 version. I used it as part of my main rig for about a year. Did me proud. It’s loud, built like a tank, on the heavy side (although I am an old fart), and to my ears, in a primarily live setting, sounded great. Sensible price too. Played in two covers bands with a wide ranging set covering typical genres and handled them all well. I’ve upgraded now but I keep the Laney as backup. If I had a criticism, it would be a lack of finesse maybe.

And the LED strip is cool.

Definitely worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom