Guthrie Govan sat in with us in Manchester

I remember a guy at RigTalk forum talking about some Fractal engineer that was at Berklee with an Axe II. I think he was talking bout you Adam.
We now know the rest of the story. :)

Is that Marco Minnemann on the right?

I had the pleasure of introducing Guthrie to the Axe-FX II when he visited Boston in September.

At that point he had heard great things about it and had played Dweezil's rig (an Ultra at the time) but he had never actually tried one out himself. So I setup my rig for him and he basically wailed on it for 3-4 hours while I twiddled knobs.

Guthrie has been using the Suhr Badger which to me sounds like a hot-rodded Marshall with a class-A power section. So I set him up with some hot rod Marshall tones like HBE and cranked Plexi and we played with sag and bias adjustments. He doesn't use clean channels very often so his sounds need to clean up real well with volume knob adjustment. He was very impressed with how that worked on the Axe-FX.

Berklee Professor Jon Finn stopped by and he was quite impressed as well.

Dweezil, thanks for sharing!

And - wow, Guthrie among the Axe (ab)users! Got to know his music just some years ago and he became one of my faves quickly.
It'll be interesting what he does with the Axe.

@levipeto: yes, that's Marco. This thread's full of awesomeness :D

i didn't listen to the FOH direct sound, only the youtube clip because i wanted that "in the room sound" ;)

thanks for sharing!

Wow - great clip and what a cool thread. Dweezil + Guthrie = win. Dweezil is the coolest.

Great that GG digs the box and it can work for him - he's a phenomenal musician.

Great fun!!!!!

Saw Guthrie last year at a small gig at a music store near Chicago which was sponsored by Suhr.

He loves to play, is amazing guitarist and a nice guy.
He stayed and talked to everybody there as long as they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom