Guthrie Govan + Axe-FXII @ Jam Track Central

sprada

Inspired
Mighty Guthrie Govan is using the Axe-FXII and Fractal is getting a dedicated article where they share this bit of info:

"Plus, if Guthrie uses it then it must be amazing, right?! Also, for those of you that download Guthrie's new series then you will find the Axe-FX II patches he used at the top of each TAB."

How cool is that?

Last edited:
It is interesting to observe how he can play so articulately while being almost exclusively a three finger player on all of that.
His pinky seems almost hooked in that curled position most of the time.
Whatever man, Sounds fantastic to me.

Does it break one of the 10 commandments to Covet your neighbor's Fingers??

Last edited:
Note that is say a patch list is give and the top of the page. The patches are not provided from what I understand.

here is the quote from the page now:

"For those of you that use the amazing Axe FX II, which you will see Guthrie using throughout, you will find the patch list used at the top of each TAB page."

They're probably just slightly tweaked factory presets anyway. That's what Guthrie told me he used last time.

yeah hes alright aint he!..

but bah, I could do that with one arm tied behind my back! honest! :)

EDIT.. actually he has just made me give up my guitar. no way I coudl ever get to that level.. no waayyyyy

AXEFX2 for sale!!

The one and only Guthrie G... Awesome! I think Guthrie is one of a few guitarists where it doesn´t matter what gear he plays. It sounds always delicate. Nothing against the Axe-Fx II, i´m loving it and he sounds incredible through it, but he´s out of this world.

So i need to buy this if i like to get these patches?

Excellent team Fractal! Guthrie is a huge influence of mine and seeing that he is now part of the Fractal family,can only mean better times are ahead. A player of that level praising the unit is quiet an achievement. Remember he could use whatever he wants to record his Jamtrack Central stuff but he gave the Axe FxII a chance with an open mind and loved it.

AWESOME!

Sounds good, but to me he's one of a small handful of players on the planet where he has a perfect combination of blazing chops and soulfulness. What really stands out to me is his vibrato; its so tastefully expressive. Plus he comes off as such a nice guy in his seminars and stuff.

Not sure if I can trust someone who is clearly hiding something. ;)

What a thrill to hear that the amazing Guthrie Govan is now a Fractal Artist - so nice to hear the great tones he's getting from the mighty AFX II!

Rock On, Guthrie (and Fractal)! :)

Back
Top Bottom