Guitars: how many and brands?

Actually I'll pose a side question in this thread - yeah, yeah, most of us have more nice guitars than you could poke a skateboard at, but if they all had to go but for one, which one would that be?

Actually I'll pose a side question in this thread - yeah, yeah, most of us have more nice guitars than you could poke a skateboard at, but if they all had to go but for one, which one would that be?

My Les Paul. Easily.

It's not even particularly special in anything like an objective way (2019 Gibson Standard, not CS)...it's just my favorite. I've played custom shops, and I've played a few vintages ones ('52 standard, '60 junior, '69 custom). I do like the feel/texture of the finish on the old ones better, but...mine's still my favorite.

Almost 4 years later I have added:

Tom Anderson Lil Angel
Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top
Kiesel Delos

And sold:

1987 Ibanez S540 Pro Carribean Blue
1988 Ibanez S540 Pro Carribean Blue
1987 Ibanez S540 Pro Black Cherry
1987 Ibanez 540 Power Red

I still have plenty of Ibanezes left...
Forgot that I also sold a 2013 PRS CE-24.

And added a Ibanez RG (unknown hardtail model) that I bought several years ago torn apart and poorly stripped and finally got around to refinishing and assembling:

IMG_5509.jpeg

Most likely one of my American Jacksons, and I'm leaning towards the white SL3.

But it would hurt leaving the Custom Shop behind.

Even in my time as a professional musician I only had three guitars.
My main guitar, a similar spare guitar to change them during gigs and a third guitar for different tunings.
And it’s like that still today (there is No.3 incoming soon) but some day maybe I get a good deal on a CS Tele.
When it comes to brands, I played nearly everything over the years including Gibson, PRS, Kiesel, Knaggs etc. but I always went back to my Fender Strats, the guitar that started it all for me.

Charvel DK24 HH FR in Root Beer Burst
Charvel DK24 HSS FR in Purple Sunset
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas in Chlorine Blue
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas in Tobacco Burst
Jackson Pro Series SL2Q MAH Soloist in Root Beer
Fender Player Strat in 3 color Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Wine Red
LTD M-1000 in Transparent Burst
LTD MH-401 in some gawd awful dim, muddled blue quilt.
Alvarez MD90 Acoustic

Last edited:
Ibanez Jem 7VWH 2019
PRS Custom 24 25th Anniversary Angry Larry
PRS CE 22 2004 Flamed Red (refit with 5708s 5 way rotary)
PRS Silver Sky 2021 Orion Green
Gibson 335 Figured 2020
Martin Retro 000-18 Acoustic
Fender American Elite Precision Bass - Champagne

If only 1? Either the Custom 24 or the Silver Sky.

Back
Top Bottom