Guitar with Evertune Bridge

deftim13

Inspired
Anyone here play a guitar with an Evertune bridge? I have a chance to pick up an Ola signature Washburn for well below retail but am not sure about the bridge setup. Love the idea but how hard is it to change string gauges and setup? I have watched all the videos on the site and still am a little hesitant. Seems like once you get it where you want it it's worth it but I am not the best setting up guitars and if it takes forever ( like a Floyd Rose) then it's not for me.

I've installed probably a hundred of these. They work incredibly well once they're set up. Adjusting it is not difficult, just different from what you're used to. If you use the same brand and gauge string there should be very little adjustment when changing them. If you change gauge and tuning, it's a little more complicated, but not much. I'll be happy to answer any questions about it you may have.

I've got an Evertune 7 on the way. Was going to go Hanes, but the opportunity presented itself for the ET, and I'm looking forward to it.
I also watched all the vids and read the documentation. It looks simple enough to setup (both action & intonation, amount of pull necessary for a bend) if it's going to be a set it and forget it guitar, like rsf1977_again said.

Been playing guitar for 40 years and I can't say enough about the Evertune system. Once you understand it's dynamics. I change strings in a few minutes, wind them up, they pop into tune, I calibrate, they stay tuned... automatically compensating for string stretch. I can change strings right before a gig or studio session with no tuning worries. I can go into any temperature environment and guitar doesn't change tuning. I can go from practice to practice to practice with no tuning. It doesn't stop there.

Since your guitar basically stays in tune if you get into the habit of checking it each rehearsal all you are doing from session to session is fine tuning it even closer and closer to perfect tuning. When you use a capo it is pretty much normal to have to tune (for accuracy) at each capo position. Not the case with Evertune. Install capo and it compensates tuning.

I've owned a gazillion guitars, 11 currently, and the Evertune is pretty much my favorite of all times. It's a workhorse. The 2 caveats are 1, as stated, you are pretty much limited to standard tuning. You could tune to other tunings but what a pain. The 2nd issue is it dulls the strings just a bit. A little getting used to but I don't notice anymore. I have actually seen a bunch more guitars I would love to have but have held off on purchasing because they 'weren't' Evertune guitars. About to check on having a system installed on one of my favorite Strats.

Setup is as sweet as a guitar can be, again once you understand how it works (which is simple). It is a highly accurate setup. Put it this way. You won't regret the bridge.

Oh one more drawback for some. No tremolo. I was never any good at whammy bar anyway so no big deal for me.

Last edited:
That in itself ends the discussion AFAIC. Thanks but NO thanks.

The string dulling is something I noticed... unplugged. It definitely isn't a show stopper. Like I said I have 11 high quality, high $$$ guitars but the Evertune is what I pick up to play and record with. Not for everyone I'm sure.

Thank you! I may hit you up once this guitar lands. I just want to go to a heavier gauge string and need help with setup. Picked up a Washburn Ola Englund 7 string. Excited to see how this thing works!

I've installed probably a hundred of these. They work incredibly well once they're set up. Adjusting it is not difficult, just different from what you're used to. If you use the same brand and gauge string there should be very little adjustment when changing them. If you change gauge and tuning, it's a little more complicated, but not much. I'll be happy to answer any questions about it you may have.

Thank you! I may hit you up once this guitar lands. I just want to go to a heavier gauge string and need help with setup. Picked up a Washburn Ola Englund 7 string. Excited to see how this thing works!

Back
Top Bottom