Guitar Synthesizer Axe Fx

Ray Owens

G'day guys

I have asked this question in a previous thread I started, but it wasn't fully answered. I was wondering whether or not the Axe Fx would facilitate synthesizer sounds and to have downloadable presets of Violin, Piano, Saxophone, Sitar etc. So summarily, could it work akin to a Roland Gr synthesizer.

Thanks guys

It would be nice but a guitar synth type of deal uses midi... so that little pickup translates all the notes into a midi note...

joe,,,

No, it won't.

Well hold on ... its not a guitar synth, but it can get some great string sounds nonetheless.

I heard the AXE FX II cop a cello sound really, really well when I was at Dweezilla Band Camp in 2013.

The AXE already provides incredible clarity in terms of recognizing individual notes, without the use of a hex pickup.

Yeah, it has a synth patch but its monophonic. I was thinking the OP was looking for a full featured synth like the Roland stuff. I've heard some good patches done with the Axe II synth (viola, bagpipes) but its not the Axe II's forte'.

Yeah, it has a synth patch but its monophonic. I was thinking the OP was looking for a full featured synth like the Roland stuff. I've heard some good patches done with the Axe II synth (viola, bagpipes) but its not the Axe II's forte'.

Hmm ... not yet anyway ... don't give Cliff any ideas now! ;)

The Synth block in the Axe is not sample based and is not a pitch to MIDI converter - so it doesn't play samples like a Roland GR synth. The Synth block is a 3-voice monophonic synth that can track your guitar, each voice can use a different wave form and each voice can be detuned or pitch shifted. You can have 2 Synth blocks so you can get some pretty big and thick tones, they also work with all the other blocks, or can be run parallel to other blocks, so using a Drive or Amp block can fatten them up.

Some info here:
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/images/3/3d/5.30_Synth_-SYN-.pdf

Back
Top Bottom