Guitar String Prices

Toopy14

Axe-Master
I know the price of everything has pretty much gone through the roof, but anyone buy guitar strings lately? Here's a comparison of the last time I bought a single pack and 3-pack, to now.

Ernie Ball 3221 Regular Slinky Nickel Wound Strings, 3 Pack. 010 - .046
2018 - $16.99 CDN
2022 - $21.99

Ernie Ball 3221 Regular Slinky Nickel Wound Strings, 1 Pack. 010 - .046
2020 - $6.70 CDN
2022 - $12.89

I know what you mean I've noticed it too over here in the UK. I used to buy Rotosound's for like £3-50-£4 a pack. I changed over to Ernie Ball RPS 10's a few years ago, and they were around £5-50 a pack. Pretty much everywhere now is £8-£9 a pack.

Except for Amazon which are still £6-42 a pack at the moment. The regular slinky's are are just under £6 at the moment which isn't bad really.

Those Paradigm's though they are super expensive £9 a pack for 10's and then for some reason 9's are like £14-95 a pack crazy! Colbalts are also around £12-£13.

I need to order some more packs as a few of my guitars need a restring. I better get on that before the price goes up again lol

I still have a few packs left from the last time I bought them, but I think I'll buy a few of those 3-packs which are still a decent price.

What are we going to do when they raise the price and make the strings smaller!? Seems to be a common, very deceiving practice with food packaging.

Local guitar shop has the EB's for $8.99. That's up over $2 from the last time I bought a pack there, about a year ago.

I think my XL’s have gone up a dollar since 2018? Will have to check. Though l&m can check too.

Unrelated but not, I still haven’t found a guitar that uses that 7-8” i have to lop off. Couldn’t that save some $ if they were made shorter?

Good point!

The only use I've found for the extra sting, is for checking and adjusting the slot width in the nut. Even still, I only kept one set about 6" long.

I still have a few packs left from the last time I bought them, but I think I'll buy a few of those 3-packs which are still a decent price.

What are we going to do when they raise the price and make the strings smaller!? Seems to be a common, very deceiving practice with food packaging.

Yeah, and why are .009s not cheaper than a set of .011s?? :)

Reactions: rog
For you guys lamenting the inflation, Strings & Beyond is having an 11% off storewide sale thru the 18th. Code: GUITARDAY.
I usually buy the Ernie Ball 12 packs when they go on sale to stock up.
Those (and a few others) are excluded, however.

For you guys lamenting the inflation, Strings & Beyond is having an 11% off storewide sale thru the 18th. Code: GUITARDAY.

Those (and a few others) are excluded, however.
Supposedly 15% off Elixer with code ELIXER15, banner on the site says so, but it keeps saying that code doesn't exist. Bleh. I'll call tomorrow.

Inflation is what it is. Half of US cash in circulation has been printed since COVID began. Same goes for other countries.

Cost is relatively level, but the value of the money is dropping at a rate of 20% year over year. The official numbers are lies. The CPI is complete horses hit . We are headed for a massive crash. wear a helmet.

Last edited:
Just don't say what causes the inflation or you'll get in trouble.
Inflation? What inflation? It's natural to have our wealth stripped from us by our benevolent overlords isn't it? $7 gas anyone? Who needs food when we can signal our virtue?
Inflation is a good thing and a myth, you'll own nothing and like it, right?

Back
Top Bottom