Guitar strap recommendation

I've been using an Anthology leather strap (the 2" straight up) for about 6 months. At first I didn't like it because it was much hotter than my cheap nylon fort Bryan strap, but after 30 gigs I really like it. I will absolutely be ordering a second one for my other main guitar.

Also, I have Anthology compact wallet. Fucking amazing.

I've been using 2" Levy leather straps for a long time now. But the kids bought me a Mono Betty strap for Christmas to "match my fancy guitar case" (my Mono Dual gig bag I use) and I've got to say: super freaking comfy. I've been using it for a month now and it's quite nice. Has a little bounce to it that the leather doesn't have and it's padded. Doesn't have that sweat and wear going on that my old Levy has, but I'll work on adding the mojo. :)

I've been a sucker for Levy's padded straps for years now. I've got one that is about 18 years old now and is in great condition. However when I started owning more than a few guitars and don't like swapping straps I bought like 20 leather straps from GC that were on clearance and am extremely impressed with them. Light, but very comfy and well made. I think that they're made by Rocksteady.

It really depends on what you're looking for. I recently got a custom made strap from Brookwood Leather - Custom Leather Guitar and Bass Straps**Click HERE to ORDERor CONTACT***click here toJoin the Brookwood Leather Fans on Facebook ********* The quality is superior! I was able to talk directly to Bob as we finalized the design. It wasn't a very complicated strap- I just needed a way to hold two wireless transmitters.

I checked out the Levy's booth at NAMM this year. They had a wide variety of straps that looked pretty nice.

Big +1 on Brookwood. I had Bob build me one and it is by far the best guitar strap I ever had. Great workmanship, balance and look. Bob is the Fractal of straps.

I finally found a locking strap I like! Lock-it guitar straps. Easy to put on and take off, seem to last better and work better than all the others I've owned. I bought about 6 of 'em, including two wides, one for my bass, and one for my heavy Samick Linda guitar (kinda like an LP Junior).

Never buy a guitar strap online. I always need to go to the store and play several then pick the one that speaks to me.

Seriously, if you get it online, be sure it's not a cheap thin leather one. I got one last year that was thin as fruit wrap. Felt like it was going to fall apart. Pissed me off.

Back
Top Bottom