• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Guitar Squeal

kruzty

Inspired
I was using my AX8 at gig a couple days ago and had an odd thing happened starting in the 3rd set. Whenever I switched to my neck pickup (or middle position, which also uses the neck pickup) I would get high pitch feedback, like a microphone being pointed at a monitor. Of course the first thought was a microphonic pickup, but it seems strange that it worked fine the first two sets, but I suppose that could just have been the time it decided to go bad. I hadn't changed my guitar monitor level since the first set and the PA monitor in front of me didn't have my guitar in it.

My setup was:
Tele -> AX8 -> XLR to Yamaha DBR10 as a wedge behind me -> XLR through from DBR10 to PA

I've played that setup many times, but it was a new venue for us so it was a different PA (and different person running it). Also, the next day I used the same setup at home (minus the PA) to see if I could reproduce it. I turned the AX8 and DBR10 up much louder than I had it at the gig, switched to my neck pickup and I put my guitar a few inches from the speaker and it was quiet as could be.

I don't know how it could be the AX8 (especially since my bridge pickup continued to work fine), but since that's what I was playing through, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has experienced something like this (could it have anything to do with the power, sitting near a PA speaker, etc.?). Thanks for any ideas!

Top Bottom