Guitar shops in Las Vegas?

grandinq

Power User
I’m heading out to Vegas. Not into gambling at all, but I was wondering if there are any good guitar places there? Just looking, of course….

You could check out the pawn shops... the guy from Cowtown Guitars has been featured several times on the "Pawn Stars" show and they have bought several great, collectable, famous guitars.

Is cowtown still there?
Last time I was there, I looked up the address and drove to the location. It was an auto shop surrounded by similar businesses... Never found it.

I had been there previously about 15+ years and it was in a strip mall at that time.

There's both Guitar Center and Sam Ash... Nothing special...

I think Ed Roman is there still, but after dealing with their shitty approach to customers the first time I went, they will never get my business.

There's both Guitar Center and Sam Ash... Nothing special...

I think Ed Roman is there still, but after dealing with their shitty approach to customers the first time I went, they will never get my business.
Was considering getting the Ricky 12 string bridge they sell, but the web site looked like 1997, and I have heard a few stories like yours. Got mine from merry olde England instead....

Doesn't look like Vegas will be a magical place to guitar window shop. Just as well. I think we all know that window shopping for guitars often turns into actual shopping. Thanks for all the responses!

I remember visiting his booth at the annual Dallas Guitar Show sometime around 2007. After years of reading the BS on his website, I marveled that he had traveled all the way from LV to Dallas only to bring the sh*ttiest guitars of his brand (loose vol/tone knobs, knicks/dents, terrible set-ups, etc.) with him - including THE crappiest-feeling George Lynch skull and bones guitar. He was pleasant enough to me, but I later heard stories from two different local vendors with booths at the show of how Ed wandered around the show criticizing other vendors inventory and his almost getting his ass whipped by one of them, haha. I would advise to steer clear of Dead-Ed's remnant store while in LV.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for a large city, we don't have a lot of good options. The Guitar Center in Town Square has a Platinum room and is a Suhr dealer, so they have some good stuff! There was a decent shop open not far from the airport called J & E Guitars, but I guess they shut down. There are 2 guitar centers here, just go to the one on Las Vegas Blvd in Town Square as the other doesn't have all the good stuff. Sam Ash is ok, and there are some small little places here and there, but that's about it.

Last edited:
I remember visiting his booth at the annual Dallas Guitar Show sometime around 2007. After years of reading the BS on his website, I marveled that he had traveled all the way from LV to Dallas only to bring the sh*ttiest guitars of his brand (loose vol/tone knobs, knicks/dents, terrible set-ups, etc.) with him - including THE crappiest-feeling George Lynch skull and bones guitar. He was pleasant enough to me, but I later heard stories from two different local vendors with booths at the show of how Ed wandered around the show criticizing other vendors inventory and his almost getting his ass whipped by one of them, haha. I would advise to steer clear of Dead-Ed's remnant store while in LV.
MAN i used to love reading Ed's rants on PRS. It was like cringe level hate towards them, but then trying to grift you into buying one of his saying its better than they ever were. Some of his points were not far off base, but when you criticize by trying to sell your own option, its kinda funny.

Back
Top Bottom