Guitar Paint Design

Maddface

Inspired
Trying to come up with an original paint look that you dont see everyday. Looking to paint my new charvel.

E335A7FA-F511-40E8-AF86-27B2467B3FD5.jpeg1.png2.png3.png4.png

Ooooooh...we had wallpaper that looked just like those when I was a kid. My favorite was the tin foil + green&black fuzz wallpaper in the sunken living room. No joke. As long as you can clearcoat the metallic to protect it you should get a lot of compliments. #2 is my favorite.

I dig #2, but without the "thumbtacks" around the perimeter...

Just me, or do option 3 and 4 feel "upside down"?

I like 3/4 better... You probably really want to layout the pickups and bridge to see how the patterns work visually once there's stuff in the way.

3!

You painting it yourself? If not, be careful who you choose. I recently had a refinish done by a "pro" who has been the business for decades and the whole process was a trainwreck. Ultimately had to do a dispute with my bank .

What do you think of black vertical? Im going to try to take a picture of the charvel and do this layout with the hardware on it.
Ill be painting it myself. The base coat will be a metallic color shifting paint.

IMG_2107__81418.1388682498.1280.1280.png

I like them all but- with a bridge and pickups I don't think they'll play out as well as you hope

I think 1 and 2 would work out best either way- but I hate the dots

Either one looks cool, but I think horizontal will look best when it's being played.
right on.... Im planning to stop the design before it reaches the back. Maybe with some type of binding paint strip. Or maybe just fade it out. If i did the binding paint line, then I could put the same design on the back and not worry in trying to match.

3!

You painting it yourself? If not, be careful who you choose. I recently had a refinish done by a "pro" who has been the business for decades and the whole process was a trainwreck. Ultimately had to do a dispute with my bank .

Aye. Painting a guitar is easily the most complicated and pain in the ass part of building a guitar. If I worked full time I reckon I could do the construction part of a guitar build in a couple of weeks, but a good paint job would easily take months.

Last edited:
Very cool. Seems Louisiana-inspired? Kind of a fleur-de-lis/NOLA thing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom