Guitar Harmony

billytc51

Is there a preset that I can use as a template for a guitar harmony? I have a Pitch block in line but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I’m trying to create a harmony guitar part for the Stranglehold solo and then maybe even mess around with some Iron Maiden parts.

Is there a preset that I can use as a template for a guitar harmony? I have a Pitch block in line but it doesn’t seem to do anything. I’m trying to create a harmony guitar part for the Stranglehold solo and then maybe even mess around with some Iron Maiden parts.
I believe there is a factory preset setup to play a third above you? Can't remember the preset name, or what key / scale it was for.

What affect type are you running in the pitch block? I recommend dual diatonic. Use only voice 1, turn voice 2 level all the way down. You will need to decide if the harmonizer is going to be playing above or below you, and which interval in the scale you wish it to play. A third above, a fifth above, the fourth below, etc. You will need to select the key and the scale to match what you are wanting to play.

You will find that in many cases, the stock scales will not give you what you need to recreate the actual harmonies in many songs. For those cases you will have to use the custom shifter and program one of the global custom scales.

Here's a simple example (Ax3 Patch - Can't remember but pretty sure it will import to FM9).

Play in single note / lead lines in C Minor - the patch adds a 3rd above in the right speaker, and your played original notes in the left speaker. The generated harmony is detuned and delayed a bit which makes it sound better to my ear.

Attachments

• HARMONY.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 37
I believe there is a factory preset setup to play a third above you? Can't remember the preset name, or what key / scale it was for.

What affect type are you running in the pitch block? I recommend dual diatonic. Use only voice 1, turn voice 2 level all the way down. You will need to decide if the harmonizer is going to be playing above or below you, and which interval in the scale you wish it to play. A third above, a fifth above, the fourth below, etc. You will need to select the key and the scale to match what you are wanting to play.

You will find that in many cases, the stock scales will not give you what you need to recreate the actual harmonies in many songs. For those cases you will have to use the custom shifter and program one of the global custom scales.
Thank you so much, MoKe. I think I tried every setting EXCEPT the Dual Diatonic. Ha! Once I had it on Dual Diatonic, I set The harmony for +3, Mixolydian and Stranglehold is perfect. Thank you so much.

Here's a simple example (Ax3 Patch - Can't remember but pretty sure it will import to FM9).

Play in single note / lead lines in C Minor - the patch adds a 3rd above in the right speaker, and your played original notes in the left speaker. The generated harmony is detuned and delayed a bit which makes it sound better to my ear.
Thanks so much for your reply. I’m definitely going to check out your attached preset. I appreciate you. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom