Guitar Control Pro Phantom Power?

Mine is working. You have a couple of options.

1) Plug the GCP power brick into the Axe, and use a 7-pin MIDI cable to go to GCP. The 7-pin MIDI cable has to have pins 6 and 7 wired. People seem to like BestTronic cables.
2) Get a 5-7pin MIDI cable. 7-pin end goes into GCP, the 5-pin end goes into Axe, and there should be an additional connector for the GCP power brick.

I'm doing 2), since I also use the MIDI merger, and it only has 5-pins. I use the Rocktron 5-7-pin MIDI cable, but some people say they break easily. I think BestTronics also sell a 5-7pin MIDI cable, and is probable more durable, but I don't have personal experience with it.

I'm using a 7-pin Rocktron MIDI cable. I plugged the power adapter into the back of the Axe but I still don't get power.

When you ar using a 7 pin midi cable from the AXE you still need a powwer supply. Check the userguides of the AXE AND the GCP to see if it would be possible

Greetings

AAEN

PS: Please post in the correct forum next time (Other MIDI controllers)

If it is not working, my guess is something is wrong with the MIDI cable. Does the pedal power up fine if you plug the power adapter directly into it? I have the GCP power adapter going into the Axe-FX, then a 7 pin MIDI cable to the GCP. The GCP powers up even if the Axe-FX isn't on so it appears to be a simple pass-thru.

AAEN - I tried the power supply that came with the GCP and a 1SPOT and still nothing. I'll be sure to post there next time. Thanks!

Tamerz - Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. It powers up just fine if I plug the power adapter into an outlet. I'll try another MIDI cable to see if that fixes it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom