Guitar Chord/Scale App

I had one of these Snarling Dogs Chord computer years ago, does anyone know if there's an app(preferably free) that can do everything this Chord Calculator can do.
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    835.4 KB · Views: 37
Maybe helpful to list what it could do...

I have a free app called ChordAnalyser that I use occasionally.

I'm using iOS so I would just search the App Store.

This is an iOS app that I use (don’t know if there’s an android version). I like it because it is free with no BS ads at all. Very full featured. Does more than I usually need. The dev will update it now and then. There are so many apps available, I really have no idea what’s the best. I like this one because it does what it says.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chord/id606691230

Edit:
Not free, $4.99

Last edited:
This is an iOS app that I use (don’t know if there’s an android version). I like it because it is free with no BS ads at all. Very full featured. Does more than I usually need. The dev will update it now and then. There are so many apps available, I really have no idea what’s the best. I like this one because it does what it says free.
Looks like the dev now charges $4.99 for that.

Hmm…I went back and looked at my purchases and I did pay for it. That must mean I really liked and thought it was worth it because I usually avoid paying.😄 I’ll change my post.
It does look like a cool app. I'm the same though, it's got to really be good for me to pay.

I’m using one called Chordchest. Does the job and free. I haven’t tried many so can’t say how it compares.

Edit: Chords only no scales.

Last edited:
This is an iOS app that I use (don’t know if there’s an android version). I like it because it is free with no BS ads at all. Very full featured. Does more than I usually need. The dev will update it now and then. There are so many apps available, I really have no idea what’s the best. I like this one because it does what it says.

Edit:
Not free, $4.99
Does this app provide lefty reversed fretboard display? Most such apps do but I can't find mention of it in it's description.

Edit: fyi - yes it does - missed it first time thru

Last edited:
I use an old app from Agile called Guitar Toolkit, but it hasn't been updated in 7 years and the tuner function no longer works. All the chord/scale functionality is still there. I believe I probably paid for it but that would have been over a decade ago so I'm not sure.

Does this app provide lefty reversed fretboard display? Most such apps do but I can't find mention of it in it's description.

Edit: fyi - yes it does - missed it first time thru
Just bought it - really nice - I like the detailed config possibilities.

Just bought it - really nice - I like the detailed config possibilities.
Yeah, I would say it has everything needed. All the different neck configs like left hand is nice. I’m glad you like it. Also, the developer has given it periodic updates (new features not just bug fixes) in the 10 years I have owned it.

Yeah, I would say it has everything needed. All the different neck configs like left hand is nice. I’m glad you like it. Also, the developer has given it periodic updates (new features not just bug fixes) in the 10 years I have owned it.
One of the things that makes it worth the small cost right off the bat for me is that it can be set up to show scales in 3NPS format which is not a feature I'd found in other such apps I've bought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom