guitar & ableton through AxeFX to PA

guitar & ableton thru AxeFX to PA HELP

i want to know if it possible to use both a guitar into the instrument input, and ableton via USB into the AxeII and have each signal running out separate outputs. Ie the guitar going out output 1 and ableton going out Output 2. im currently able to get both signals playing through Output 1 to the PA but i want know how to get the USB (ableton) signal going out Output 2 so a sound engineer can mix them separately.
this is so live i dont have to use an additional audio interface like an Apogee duet and make my live setup more stream lined.

is this posible?
Thanks!

Last edited:
thanks

thanks so much,

so i managed to get ableton via usb going to output 1 and my guitar signal goin to output 2

2 questions: is it possible to route the signal from your DAW to output 2 (via fx loops settings or any other means)
i cant find anything in the fractal axe edit or the ableton prefferences

and secondly,
does output 2 sound different (or have any other hidden qualities/drawbacks) to output 1 other than the fact that it only has unbalanced 1/4" outputs?

cos if its the same then i guess it doesnt matter which output the guitar comes out right....?

No probs.

1. You can via the grid matrix. Create a separate path from the start and then exit via the fx loop module/output 2. Not sure if you'll need an input module to select which input you want but the parameters are definitely there in the amp settings. I'm sure they would be elsewhere also if you didn't want to use an amp. It may be automatic though. I haven't tried it myself.

2. No, they should sound the same.

Can I ask what are your plans with regards to running your DAW into the Axe FX?

Ritchie

Sounds like he's looking for a way to run backing tracks in a live situation so the sound man can control both outputs as individual guitar channels. This is very interesting to me and I would love to know if it will work. It may be worth purchasing Ableton.

is it possible to route the signal from your DAW to output 2 (via fx loops settings or any other means)

Yes but you'd need to use Input 2 for guitar. Change "Main Input Source" to USB, place effects loop in first column. This will send the USB audio to Out 2. Your guitar (Input 2) signal will be the output of the FXL block; route normally from there to the end of the grid. (I'd like to see a way to get USB into the grid without forfeiting the use of In 1, but it's currently not possible.)

Back
Top Bottom