gt1000fx or tube amp for guitar cab

godwentpunk

Inspired
So the other day, I was messing around with my FX running it thru my triamp into my marshall 1936 cab. After some playing, I got some pretty decent tones from it. So it got me thinking, can the gt1000fx produce the same tone as a tube amp, or is it mainly a FRFR poweramp. If so, what tube power amps have been successful when paired with the fx in a guitar cab setup. I'd really hope to hear that the gt1000 will do a great job.

Joe...

The consensus is that a tube amp will sound better if its with a tube amp that you have played for a while. It will give the tone a "color" that you are familiar with. The GT1000 is more of a straight down the middle flat response amp that leaves alot of variety to be had. I used to play through the power section of both a jcm900 and a 5150. The 900 felt more open and airy, especially with marshall patches. But the 5150 was dark and cold and of course sounded awesome with the 5150 patch. But with the GT1000, I can get both patches to sound good while only carrying 7 pounds =)

I used both , preferred the Fryette 2/50/2 the response was livelier and thicker.
I'm not gigging right now and weight has never been an issue for me so some of the selling points of the GT1000fx are lost on me.
If it doesn't respond or feel the way I want it to, it may as well weigh 500 pounds.
Now I'm running into the Power section of a JSX with KT-77's in it and I may actually like that even better than the Fryette,
it's surprisingly pretty neutral but has a nice "shimmer" to the top end that I really like with all of my Marshall based patches,
and it carries a whollup, sucker is loud,
so go figure, try the Matrix you may love it, I believe they have a 'trial" period. they are great to deal with, everyone's
needs and likes are different.
Look at my sig and you can see what I'm using for cabs (great mix BTW)

I used both , preferred the Fryette 2/50/2 the response was livelier and thicker.
I'm not gigging right now and weight has never been an issue for me so some of the selling points of the GT1000fx are lost on me.
If it doesn't respond or feel the way I want it to, it may as well weigh 500 pounds.
Now I'm running into the Power section of a JSX with KT-77's in it and I may actually like that even better than the Fryette,
it's surprisingly pretty neutral but has a nice "shimmer" to the top end that I really like with all of my Marshall based patches,
and it carries a whollup, sucker is loud,
so go figure, try the Matrix you may love it, I believe they have a 'trial" period. they are great to deal with, everyone's
needs and likes are different.
Look at my sig and you can see what I'm using for cabs (great mix BTW)

Nice... I updated my cab to have a Eminence Cannabis Rex and a V30 speaker and I'm happy with that. I just liked to ommmph my tube amp had with the FX2. My rack only has open space for a 1U so I think the GT1000 is going to be my perfect choice.

Back
Top Bottom