Gruv Gear FretWraps?

ChrisMetal86

Experienced
I've been seeing lots of people using these and scrunchies too. What are your takes on the FretWraps? Considering getting one for use during recording to help keep things a little cleaner.

Last edited:
$30? I'm in the wrong business.

:lol That's kinda what I was thinking, but I wasn't ordering a 3 pack. I was just gonna order a single one to see if it actually is worth it ya know? But it depends on the views people have on them. If it isn't worth it, I'll just steal one of my GF scrunchies.

I bought a lifetime supply at the dollar store. Guess what they cost?

I bought a 3 pack to see what the hype was all about. It works really well on my 8 string guitar and 6 string bass for behind the nut noise and for muting when doing really complex two handed tapping (It's sort of cheating but w/e). A scrunchie and some foam behind the nut basically do that same thing... just don't look as good haha.

You're basically paying for the aesthetics. I like mine but is definitely a luxury item and not necessary. They do really help with ERGs/ERBs though. I have an 8 string with an inline headstock so it's constantly rattling behind the nut. Also adding it right at the fret on my 6 string bass helps mute the Low G# if I'm playing fast and can't mute normally (we can't all have perfect technique :p ).

Last edited:
Go all Prince style and tie a purple handkerchief around the neck. Velcro cable organizing ties with the softer loop side down work well too.

One downside to scrunchies is that they're a bitch to get around the tuners. The Velcro on the fretwraps is a huge improvement in that regard. OTOH, my Parkers don't really have enough room for the fretwrap above the nut. I'll use it for recording but ride bareback when playing live.

Back
Top Bottom