Ground Control/Ultra settings

The_Kid

Experienced
I have been using this setup for the past year and a half or so with 4 presets/8 IA buttons....worked fine, cause I always needed 1 /2 IA buttons but not 8 so had to go this way. I can now setup my GCP in 10 preset mode....question is when I am going through and naming my presets in the GCP....I get the offset issue, I just need to move my presets in the AXE to correct it...that way button 1 is for song 1 in our set and so on...I dont like that 0 is after 9.

ANYWAY, what I'm wondering is I went through and I have 8 presets named (1-9), but when I push the 0 button, nothing happens in the axe... it doesnt go to patch 0 or patch 9 or anything...is this normal or am I missing a setting somewhere...

Why360, correct. Just played with the gcp/afx....what that setting does is allows the 0 to work probably. I'm seeing that what I'm asking probably is a limitation and can't be done. what I want essentially is

gcp 1 = afx 0
gcp 2 = afx 1
gcp 3 = afx 2
gcp 4 = afx 3
gcp 5 = afx 4
gcp 6 = afx 5
gcp 7 = afx 6
gcp 8 = afx 7
gxp 9 = afx 8
gcp 0 = afx 9

that way when I go up a bank to bank 1, gcp patch 1, its bank 10...instead of 1-9 and gcp button 0 = afx 0/10/20. It seems odd to me to start my setlist with button 0, then go up to patch 9, go up a bank, step on gcp 0 for patch 10, then go up to the corner for gcp patch 11, and work your way down to 9. go up a bank, press 0 for bank 20...

seems like an odd location for gcp 0 if its just going to resort to the afx patch 00, which is 9 patches earlier than the button before it...

does that make sense? lol...

Oh yeah now I got you. I never really played around with the 10 preset mode. I just assumed 0 would be 10 or the way you want gcp0=afx9. That is kind of strange really and I cant think of a fix/work around.....wonder why they did it like that?

yeah i played with all the offsets on gcp/afx in all combinations and it just seems weird that you have to go up a bank.

It makes sense from the gcp's view with the banks...bank 0, patches 1-9, bank 1, patches 0-9. Because the axe is offset, I technically dont have a patch 00 on the Afx...

Back
Top Bottom