Ground Control pro setup

Rmarcopolo

Hi
FM3 firmware 5.02, Ground Control Pro VER1.14, H9MAX V5.9.1 MacBook ProScreen Shot 2022-04-20 at 5.11.28 pm.png
I want to use a Ground Control Pro to run FM3 and Eventide H9. Also Behringer FCB1010 Eureka Prom to do same job.
New to midi, struggling with CC and PC. Ground Control Pro set to 4 Presets / Bank with Instant Access, Eventide H9 will at the moment last in signal chain.
So basically what i want to do is say on the GCPro bank 1 button 1 a Hiwatt with reverb from the FM3 ( The Hiwatt is set to program #385 with Reverb already loaded) Bank 1 button 2 Hiwatt with O/D and Reverb from FM3. Bank 1 button 3 Marchall JMP45 say ( FM3 386).
The second row up on GCP (buttons 5-8) control the scenes in the appropriate FM3 Hiwatt, Marshall etc and some effects from H9. The top row GCP (9-12) Control H9 functions seperate from the FM3.
Hope someone can give me some advice.
Using the FM3 and the H9 seperately is pretty simple but when i connect them by MIDI it all turns to a complete head***k.

Thanks
Mark

Dang! I haven’t heard a Ground Control Pro mentioned in a lot of years. Takes me back.

I’ve never had a midi device that wasn’t stupidly difficult to program properly. I’d suggest getting extremely familiar with the user manual if you’re not already.

Off the top of my head, it sounds like you might not have your devices correctly set to separate midi channels. Bottom of page 6:

http://www.voodoolab.com/manuals/ground_control_pro_manual.pdf

You may also need to ensure that midi thru is on on the FM3.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have the FM3 midi channel 1 Eventide H9 midi channel 2.
I used to use a Positive Grid midi channel 1 Eventide H9 midi channel 2 and a Gmajor2 midi channel 3 and all worked well. Now things seem to be a lot more complicated or I’m making them more complicated.
Any ideas please help this is really frustrating the dickens out of me.
Mark

Midi only allows 128 as the maximum PC, so you need to do something funky with banks as well to get to patch 384. Move the patches to 1,2,3 etc will make the axefx easier to change.

You welcome
Enjoy
Hi Zéx,
Im still doing something wrong with the setup somewhere. Would it be possible take some screen shots of the configuration screens on the GCP and FM3 such as what parameters need to be set as Im totally useless at this. I have managed to get the GCP to trigger the FM3 for my main amps on the bottom 4 buttons (1,2,3,4) but still can't get the top two banks to change scenes or effects properly.
I know I'm being a pain in the butt.
Thanks
Mark

I haven't had GCP for a long time, I can't take these screen shots, I don't remember what the paths were in the GCP menu. The details are in the GCP manual, the only trick was to use the VCA function of the ground control to change the scenes of Axe Fx II, which is well explained in this link I sent you.

Hi Zéx,
Im still doing something wrong with the setup somewhere. Would it be possible take some screen shots of the configuration screens on the GCP and FM3 such as what parameters need to be set as Im totally useless at this. I have managed to get the GCP to trigger the FM3 for my main amps on the bottom 4 buttons (1,2,3,4) but still can't get the top two banks to change scenes or effects properly.
I know I'm being a pain in the butt.
Thanks
Mark
Did you ever get this working? I’m considering picking up a Ground Control Pro and am curious if it’s a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom