Gritty Aggressive Bass Tone (Metal)

Btw: What bass are you using in the clip,and the video ?
It sounds sweet
Majones ?

Last edited:
Humidfume very interesting approach. I have a lot to digest but I was just wondering where you set your volume knob on your bass in the recording?

Seed and Humidfume - big thx for working this out for us lowly AE II non XL users :)

Not a problem at all buddy! Shout out to Shelta for giving it a bash too!!!

Humidfume very interesting approach. I have a lot to digest but I was just wondering where you set your volume knob on your bass in the recording?

Full! CRANKED!!! DIMED!!!! Every single one of those knobs is turned up full! Including mine ;)

Interesting, I'm using a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 with a Bartolini 5.4 A/P preamp with Lundgren soapbars and I have to roll the volume of half way to get it to sound anything like your clip, and this is in passive mode.

Also interesting, I have a pack of Circle K strings but my tech used Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalts which tend to run hotter similar to the Kalium Circle Ks, although not as bright. I had the Thomastik Infelds on there for what seemed to be a year ... great strings but pricey, and they tended to get really mid rangey after awhile. I'll try the Circle Ks out next year :)

Also, which pickup are you playing through? I prefer the neck pickup for cleans and the bridge for tones such as this; just like a 6 string guitar I guess.

Thanks again Humidfume!

Last edited:
Np! I love in the UK so Kalium strings usually cost me £50 a pop! That's $80!!! The pickups are Artec Soaps with a 3 band EQ and 4 way treble cut pot. Probably get a custom pickup one day, but these sound cool for now!

man, i'd love to try this one but i can't get the preset (non XL version) to work. whenever i load the preset, just nothing happens. loading other presets works fine. any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom