Gritty Aggressive Bass Tone (Metal)

Humidfume

Inspired
Hey guys, long story short, made a bass tone I really liked a few days ago, lost it, wrote over it.. Struggled for two days to get another one as good, ended up making it better!!!

Enjoy the tone!

Axe FX XL: View attachment Bass Distorted (TJPP).syx
Axe FX II (Ported by seedoftheday): View attachment Bass Distorted (TJPP) - Ported by seedoftheday.syx

If you like what I do please consider dropping by my Facebook and giving me a like, or if you're feeling saucy come check out my bandcamp and pick up a copy of my EP / Album!

Bandcamp: https://tjpp.bandcamp.com
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/tjppo

Last edited:
Pretty nice. I'm going to download it and see if I like it / can use it. Thank you for sharing. If nothing else, it'll be a good launching platform for me to tweak :)

Edit: nevermind... frickin' XL presets :'(

Humidfume, that would be GREAT if you could do that. I'll try my best to replicate it in a II then and will post it if I think I get close.
I may even use this as a kick off to build an XL - 2 system of some sort. At least a viewer or something. Will have to see though... preliminary looking at the files isn't looking so great :)

Here you go guys! I hop this helps all you non XL users out there!!!!

9DfCqX7.jpg

YrL0yBR.jpg

s0GWIk4.jpg

aAOCHQY.jpg

gIvBVfq.jpg

s7URWml.jpg

spAs9B2.jpg

fa0zrjS.jpg

Attached is the non-XL (Axe-Fx 2) version. I haven't played it yet, but I copied the settings across the board. Only thing I left out was the FX loop.

Attachments

• Bass (Metal) TJPP.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
If anyone can confirm this sounds similar / good enough to the original I can post it out alongside my XL version with full credit to you Selta!

Mark I preset :) (no XL)

Hi,since i dont have a XL. I took all setting (Thanks !)
And made a Mark I preset
All is the right settings. To me it sounds good

we need more bass presets.

Attachments

• Bass (Metal) Mark I.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
Attached is the non-XL (Axe-Fx 2) version. I haven't played it yet, but I copied the settings across the board. Only thing I left out was the FX loop.

Not all is the same. You forgot a mic.. i see

Well, it's close, but not a match. I tried with my 5 string EBMM Bongo and a 4 string ESP P/J I have and both are in the ballpark, but "off". I think the low end feel is different. I just noticed on one of the cabs I had the wrong motor setting, but that didn't really help. I don't have time to do a lot of tweaking right now, but might later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom