GRIFFIN"S LABELS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

If anyone gets a custom made set of the Griffin labels on actual magnetic rubberized material (at any price) please let us know.

Thanks for the great labels & templates! They look & work fantastic using the cheap staples magnet sheets. $11 for 4 sheets. Had good luck using scissors for the main edges and using an Xacto knife for the center hole. One thing with the xacto knife I found is that you need to press hard and cut everything in one motion to keep the edges clean. Wound up cutting into the center of the black circle on each so it fit perfectly, just cutting the gray out seemed to be a tad small. Finished up running a black marker on the edges to cover up any white showing. Very Nice!

I did the tap tempo & tuner all with the xacto...was rough keeping edges clean. The rest i used scissors and xacto just for the center and liked much more! Oh..reason for the small tremolo one is I ran out of ink. Sorry for the fuzzy pic...looks great in person!

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
I am sorry but I think this kind of stuff is just totally tacky.
Unless I could play like the devil, I wouldn't be caught dead with little knobs and tubes and stickers.

Its not tacky..its magnetic! ;-) Visually it really does help make out what you have below you on a dark stage. Sure one could have no pics and just big names or something, but why not make it a tad more interesting? Really its not something except you or some curious gear nerds would notice anyway so don't see it being that vain of a thing.

Changed the font and pics, and came up with something closer to my old pedalboard for looks. Also MacGyvered a tool to help cut out those pesky circles. Now what to do with the old labels ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 238
Well you can buy a compass cutting tool at a "craft" store. I wound up just making one from a wooden dowel, pen, and an xacto knife blade.

LogicVG, I like the additional labels you created. Would you be willing to share. I downloaded the original set from Griffin (thank you!) but could use the others as well. Where did you get the pics for the labels?

Just a quick tip - I did mine last night.

If you cut the centre hole slightly smaller you can then remove the nut and washer from the switch, put the label on and fit the washer and nut back on. Makes the finish nicer, and holds the label in place better. I carefully undid with a ring spanner - dont use pliers!

Now thats is a good tip.
Do you know the exact diameter of the switch in mm to put the label?
Send a pic of your labels :)

Here is a screen shot of my designs. Maybe some inspiration for others. And of course with the help of powerpoint master Griffen. So Thank you Griffen!

View attachment 4019View attachment 4020View attachment 4021

The only problem is the size of the file, almost 10MB :)

Last edited:
Open in Power Point. Ungroup the label. Select the background shape of the label. Go to properties. Change the Fill picture to whatever picture you like.

Ok so this file is griffins labels? Are they sized and ready to go? What do I have to do to change the pictures on them to something else?

Those are DADA's based on mine...yes I believe it has been confirmed that they fit. Mine are posted higher up in the thread and contain instructions etc.

Open in Power Point. Ungroup the label. Select the background shape of the label. Go to properties. Change the Fill picture to whatever picture you like.

You shouldn't need to ungroup them..if you click the image, then click again it shouild hightlight the image box, the just right click and slect "format picture' then go to "Fill"...load a new one from there (or paste it from the clipboard if you have it there ;)

Great job DADA btw!

Thanks, Griffin

And again thanks for the inspiration and the template!

They are now professionaly printed.
Cost: Euro 35 for 45 labels.
Will have to cut them myself.

Kind Regards

bit offtopic, but I'm trying to pull off something similar for the FCB1010, and I was wondering if you were willing to share your source images (esp. the VanHalen striping in B/W, Yellow/Black)...thanks!

How do you guys get the photos you add to auto crop around the intended cutouts? I just messed with this for a moment or two adding pics to see what they'd look like and when I added pic it covers the area where the led cut out should be.

Back
Top Bottom