Grid Setup for Wet and Dry Tracks in DAW via USB - Seeking Help

Warrior

Power User
I'm recording direct to DAW via USB. I know how to record a wet track and a dry signal track that could be used for reamping.

What I don't know how to do is set up my grid to allow me to record one track with just the amp and cab and another track that has all effects.

Or maybe even a combination (i.e. just leave out the delay).

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

Since only USB 1/2 can be processed, you'd be limited to mono for each signal (if staying completely digital--see last paragraph). If that's not a problem you could branch to another row before delay/whatever and balance the rows L/R in the output mixer.

This is one scenario where more options for USB outputs 3/4 would be useful. For example, sending the dry amp/cab sound on USB 4 and getting stereo effects or something else at outputs 1 & 2.

If tracking stereo effects is important, one workaround is possible with an extra cable & D-A-D conversion. You could set input 1 mode to stereo and use a volume block first to isolate the left channel (guitar). Then route the dry amp/cab tone to the FX Loop block, and connect a cable from Output 2L to Input 1R. This tone will show up as USB input 4. (USB3 would be the unprocessed guitar as usual.)

I guess a less complex/complicated solution may be to reamp the direct channel back to the Axe-FX with the effect bypassed as needed.

Back
Top Bottom