Green Edition of FM3

Smooth55

First post, super excited to join the club.

I just took delivery of a used FM3 from Guitar Center which didn’t have a picture. It is green. I’m curious if anyone has any info on this model or is it purely cosmetic.

As for sounds, I’m coming from 5 years with a helix LT and that’s throwing me a bit as I work through the learning curve. Definitely sounds like there’s a lot of low mids that give it great solo tones but I’m having to eq that a bit in a mix. Still, it sounds great and very organic through my dxr10. I’m still learning though and not quite at nirvana over what I’ve honed with the helix and IRs.

Any insights on the color of the unit being green rather than black?

IMG_0768.jpeg
That's probably a Ceba wrap. They are available in green.

If you haven't yet, consider a full reset and install the latest firmware. Hang around here a while and several folks here will help you get it sounding great.

The wrap makes sense to me. I came with a similar looking screen protector so I'm guessing it's that. Thanks! and yeah, I'm combing through the forum for tips as everything seems a bit dark compared to what I'm used to and my reference amps (Mesa Mark V and JVM410JS).

The wrap makes sense to me. I came with a similar looking screen protector so I'm guessing it's that. Thanks! and yeah, I'm combing through the forum for tips as everything seems a bit dark compared to what I'm used to and my reference amps (Mesa Mark V and JVM410JS).
Make sure the global eq is not engaged and set to something wonky.

I’ll post a pic when I’m home. 😉
And yeah, I’ve updated the firmware and did a reset. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it. I’ve been satisfied with my Helix as a good portable rig but vastly prefer my real amps and was always curious of the fractal stuff.

Just to say it, that's light blue, not green.
Ha, yes! But that's not the OP's photo.

Green you say? Perhaps it's the carbon-neutral FM3. It has an intake for CO2 that converts it out and replaces it with a mild hallucinogen that makes you feel like your playing is next-level (approximately a 3-beer equivalent).

Back
Top Bottom