Great first rehearsal with AX8 and FR12!

fractalz

Power User
I just got back from a rehearsal for the musical "13" and it went great! I used the AX8 and Matrix FR12. The FR12 held up fine with a live drum set.

The night started with me playing a chord to check levels and the bassist next to me immediately said "now that's a great tone" and went on to complain about a previous gig with an ice-pick sounding guitar player.

I ended up using 4 presets with 4 scenes each and a single expression pedal (auto-wah).

It's a complex set of patches to handle my mag/piezo setup but worked with only a few compromises.

All in all, a good first showing!

Cool were you pushing the Matrix at all ? Would it hold up in a gig situation?

Matrix @ 50% and AX8 @50%. All patches at 0dB VU. AX8 out at the louder of the two settings (forget which one). Lots of headroom.

Most of the time were told to turn down in the pit - I'll have a direct line up to the sound board and FR12 will just be for the pit monitoring. Haven't done a bar/stage gig in quite some time but the FR12 seems like it would work fine for a small venue.

Here's a pic of the rig - short and sweet. I'm using my workhorse Ibanez RGA 121 with a modified GraphTech Piezo (written up here: http://wp.me/p3Tlfm-9B). I may add an H9 to offload reverb duties so I can get some more effects going, but things are working pretty well so far (only one preset had to have the reverb reduced to "Normal" and that was because I added a drive pedal).

I hope to do a rundown of these patches soon...

IMG_3148.jpg

Back
Top Bottom