GraphTech Ghost System problem

Apologies for reviving an old thread...

Could you confirm for me that the top circuit does the following:
  • Cable connection is always mono
  • Switch in push position enables direct connection to magnetic pickups and disconnects battery to preamp
  • Switch in pull position disconnects magentic pickups and enables piezo only (if grounding "MAG" pin)
  • When cable is unplugged, connection to the preamp is disconnected
  • The output jack is the one supplied in the kit
Massive thanks in advance!

Normally Yes, but I remember I had a few exchanges with Graphtech on this wiring diagram and unfortunately sold that Fame Forum IV axe. It's possible I finished with a slightly modified schematic for a standard guitar mono plug, or I posted the final schematic. Let me check during the weekend. In the latter case I surely have it scanned and will post or confirm.

Again not an answer. I didn't care for the mag going through the Ghost preamp so I added a second jack and just use two outputs and let the Axe FX do the switching between the two.
After 6 or so ghost systems, the best scenario for me was separate volume pots for piezos and mags with separate output jacks.

I use L6 wireless's lately that have a buffer in them for piezos, but even just a cable worked better for me than the acoustic-phonic gimmick.

One of my favorite things about pairing a "Ghosted" guitar with the AFX is the exploration of hybrid tones, things that would be impossible to replicate in the physical realm. You can put a blended piezo/magnetic signal through a amp block, and mix with various speaker/acoustic IRs to come up with some really wild stuff.

Apologies for reviving an old thread...

Could you confirm for me that the top circuit does the following:
  • Cable connection is always mono -> YES
  • Switch in push position enables direct connection to magnetic pickups and disconnects battery to preamp -> YES
  • Switch in pull position disconnects magentic pickups and enables piezo only (if grounding "MAG" pin) -> YES
  • When cable is unplugged, connection to the preamp is disconnected -> YES
  • The output jack is the one supplied in the kit -> ....MAYBE
Massive thanks in advance!
The output jack is the one supplied with the Fame Forum IV, it can be the one of the kit but they also use switchcraft so I wouldn't swear on that.

Back
Top Bottom