Graph Tech saddles anyone?

I had them on a Charvel with a Gotoh 510 trem that I had for a short while. I liked them, but I haven't put them on anything else. It was a subtle difference in feel and subtle reduction in highs (fairly east to hear unplugged, but harder to tell plugged in). It was a little odd since they were english vs. the metric bridge, but they worked well. I still may put them on my HSS guitar just for the heck of it; they do look cool IMO.

I think it's worth a try, it's not a difficult mod if you decide to reverse it.

I had them on a Charvel with a Gotoh 510 trem that I had for a short while. I liked them, but I haven't put them on anything else. It was a subtle difference in feel and subtle reduction in highs (fairly east to hear unplugged, but harder to tell plugged in). It was a little odd since they were english vs. the metric bridge, but they worked well. I still may put them on my HSS guitar just for the heck of it; they do look cool IMO.

I think it's worth a try, it's not a difficult mod if you decide to reverse it.
Did they improve/affect tuning stability at all?

I have them on my main American Strat. I did a lot of work on the trem (vibe) system to try to get it as stable as possible including locking tuners at the other end. I really like to use it a la Jeff Beck style. I think the saddles probably did help contribute to the stability of the system. But I didn't really compare individual pieces of it, I just went for it all at once. After I got the spring load well balanced I was quite pleased with the result. It's not perfect. But it became at least possible to get through a whole song or two without getting terribly out of whack tuning wise. Hope that helps a little.

If I had a set and I were replacing saddles on a strat, I would use them. I would probably not bother to swap them out if I already had perfectly fine saddles where I wasn't experiencing tuning stability problems.

@LosD they seemed to help tuning stability a little, but that particular guitar had other, more significant issues affecting it. So it's hard to say if they really did anything or it was placebo... or if they would indeed help on a properly setup guitar.

My experience with them were that the saddles definitely alleviated the chronic string breakages on my MIM Strat, but the change in tone was quite apparent to me.

Back
Top Bottom