Gotoh Locking Saddles

Thanks for the pics. The locking "fingers" look much more substantial than in the pics I'd seen from Gotoh.

Where did you buy them?

If nothing else, hopefully they're more readily available than the Wilkinson which are often out of stock.
I bought mine from Guitar Hey, $103 per set.

Yes, the locking "fingers" do seem strong enough as long as they're not really over-tightened.

Last edited:
In case this is helpful ...

Gotoh's website lists three different models of LS saddles: the LS1056, LS108, and LS113.

https://g-gotoh.com/productList/guitar-saddles/?lang=en

Because the website shows a different finish for each on that link (as examples), it may seem like if you need the gold finish, you'd want the LS113. Actually, they sell three different saddle widths. So, you choose the model based on the size of your current saddles. Each size is available in 4 finishes (Chrome, Gold, Black, and Black Chrome).

Last edited:
In case this is helpful ...

Gotoh's website lists three different models of LS saddles: the LS1056, LS108, and LS113.

https://g-gotoh.com/productList/guitar-saddles/?lang=en

Because the website shows a different finish for each on that link (as examples), it may seem like if you need the gold finish, you'd want the LS113. Actually, they sell three different saddle widths. So, you choose the model based on the size of your current saddles.. Each size is available in 4 finishes (Chrome, Gold, Black, and Black Chrome).
I remember that confusing me when I first found them and posted about it.

Ordered. I've loved every Gotoh item i've ever used. All have been great quality. Used 510 with standard steel saddles for awhile and it worked great for the most part. Would need to bend the strings a little on Eruption. Wilkinson saddles have been on for about 2 years and initially worked better. They are slightly darker sounding from the original Gotoh's. About a year ago they started getting sharp on the Low E and G strings at the bridge. I couldn't figure out why but's it made me not want to use my trem as much. Will give these a try as soon as they come in.

Remember that the nut end needs to be set up perfectly for these to work Floyd well. The Gotohs are a better design but they both work 100%. Also the string clamp is not holding the tension just stopping the string from moving in the saddle so DON"T over tighten it or you will just end up with string breakages. On a Blanda Floyd or a non fine tune the (or actually any floyd) strings need to be tightly clamped to take the full tension but on these saddles sets the ball end is still doing that for you.

Remember that the nut end needs to be set up perfectly for these to work Floyd well. The Gotohs are a better design but they both work 100%. Also the string clamp is not holding the tension just stopping the string from moving in the saddle so DON"T over tighten it or you will just end up with string breakages. On a Blanda Floyd or a non fine tune the (or actually any floyd) strings need to be tightly clamped to take the full tension but on these saddles sets the ball end is still doing that for you.
Right on.

I'm only tightening the clamps on the Gotoh LS just enough so the strings are held against the saddles.

I haven't done anything with the nut, it's just as it came from Suhr. I may try some Big Bends Nut Sauce or similar. Any suggestions?

What do you like about the Gotoh LS over the Wilkinson WLS130? The latter is certainly the simplest - not much design, "Let's just put a screw on top of the saddle".

Right on.

I'm only tightening the clamps on the Gotoh LS just enough so the strings are held against the saddles.

I haven't done anything with the nut, it's just as it came from Suhr. I may try some Big Bends Nut Sauce or similar. Any suggestions?

What do you like about the Gotoh LS over the Wilkinson WLS130? The latter is certainly the simplest - not much design, "Let's just put a screw on top of the saddle".
The Wilkinson drags on the windings as you tighten it because the head rotates and it is on one side. The Gotoh just presses evenly at the exact right spot.

it shows the available colours
Except for where it lists the Finish color codes, it doesn't show that for me.

It shows different models at the bottom which are showing different colors, but that's exactly the issue being discussed. Those are different sizes, all are available in all the colors.

Rec'd and installed. Have had the wilkinson wls130 for about two years or so on this red guitar. I remember the wilkinson being darker than the stock saddles on the Gotoh 510. Once installed and strung up, these sound like the old saddles again. Still punchy, little bit more clarity. As for tuning, they work great. The design is really clever. It's comfortable to play, the black screws that lock in the lever act like a wall that your hand can rest against when trying to palm mute. It works great for my style. Will be moving the Wilkinsons to a scalloped strat that is very bright sounding.

Overall happy with the purchase and the swap. If these were available when Wilkinsons came out I would have bought these.

At the moment these are pretty hard to find and practically nowhere has them in stock . I have only played demo sets but will be getting some as soon as they are available in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom