Got the mail - thanks G66

Do you mean you got wait-list email with a personalized coupon code for $100 off? Or just notice of general availability?

G66 (who are fantastic btw) are running their own wait list. It is discounted if you pre-ordered. No coupon, just an email asking if you still want it not when your number comes up. I think it is 699 euros discounted from 849. That is still a lot more than your bargain US $ price (full or coupon), but we are used to paying more for our goods in Europe!

Congrats Gearhead, you are very lucky man!!! Glad to hear they are rolling out in Europe...you must have got on the list some two years ago!?!!

Griffin said:
G66 (who are fantastic btw) are running their own wait list. It is discounted if you pre-ordered. No coupon, just an email asking if you still want it not when your number comes up. I think it is 699 euros discounted from 849. That is still a lot more than your bargain US $ price (full or coupon), but we are used to paying more for our goods in Europe!
I've also been contacted, and I also have to thank G66 for their usual kindness and efficiency.
Regarding the price, I think it's fair here in EU. I know the US$ is lower then euro, but we must into account that :
a) here we have to add a 20% VAT
b) custom could get an additional 4-10% here in Italy (it depends on the category of the imported item)
So if the item costs 100, the price you have to pay for it could reach 132 ((100 + 20%) + 10%).
Oh, I just forgot, all the taxes apply to the item + the shipping cost (yes, we pay taxes on the shipping too).
I think governments gets more $$ than G66/Fractal, for that amount of money they (I mean the government) should at least update the firmware :D ...

G66 wrote again, mine should be shipping today or tomorrow. They have to install the new firmware and do some testing. Their customer support is 'sans pareil'...

terry64 said:
Griffin said:
I've also been contacted, and I also have to thank G66 for their usual kindness and efficiency.
Regarding the price, I think it's fair here in EU. I know the US$ is lower then euro, but we must into account that :
a) here we have to add a 20% VAT
b) custom could get an additional 4-10% here in Italy (it depends on the category of the imported item)
So if the item costs 100, the price you have to pay for it could reach 132 ((100 + 20%) + 10%).
Oh, I just forgot, all the taxes apply to the item + the shipping cost (yes, we pay taxes on the shipping too).
I think governments gets more $$ than G66/Fractal, for that amount of money they (I mean the government) should at least update the firmware :D ...

Oh don't get me wrong, it isn't a dig that G66 are charging anything but a fair price given the operating circumstances imposed in the EU, it is more due to the fact that the taxes are generally out of order and it makes things so comparatively expensive - it's not like anybody sees anything particularly tangiable for these taxes either...but that it is a whole different debate! As to taxes being charged on shipping, well that it just rude as and it has always annoyed me.

Can't wait for mine!!!

Has everyone on the G66 list heard from them?
Just wondering if anyone else on that list is still waiting for news. Hope it's not just me.
Mailed them for an update a few days ago but no reply!!
Oh, I've been on the list about a year. Maybe they are doing it in stages, but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that every one had been contacted :(

I've got that mail last week, I sent the money and are now sitting nervously behind the door watching for packages to come....

by the way I ordered 491 days ago (that's what Jacques from G66 told me!)

The really happy
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Happy Metal :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've been on g66 list for over 80 days now !!!
When I get the mail, you can be sure most people on the forum will be enjoying their own MFC :lol: :lol: :lol:
:twisted:

Got mine today, too - awesome. Thanks Jacques for the MFC AND the chocolate.

G66 is awesome - the MFC came with both the English and German manual...

I got a mail to, but since I already have a Gordius, I wanted mine to go to someone who doesn't have a controller. i can wait ;-)

Iv'e been on the wait list a couple of Months, so not holding my breath at the moment, many people in the queue before me.

blues123 said:
Has everyone on the G66 list heard from them?
Just wondering if anyone else on that list is still waiting for news. Hope it's not just me.
Mailed them for an update a few days ago but no reply!!
Oh, I've been on the list about a year. Maybe they are doing it in stages, but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that every one had been contacted :(

Did you get the initial "are you still interested" Email? I (finally) got on the list in May this year and got that EMail around 2 weeks ago (18th - it was my birthday :) ). I havent had the "get you cash out" Email yet, but Sussi did indicate that ALL the list should be cleared with the second shipment due a month after the first - so Im expectin to hear around the end of October.

If you didnt get the initial EMail Id check with Sussi that your actually on the list and havent got missed. if you did, just wait out.

MisterE said:
I got a mail to, but since I already have a Gordius, I wanted mine to go to someone who doesn't have a controller. i can wait ;-)
Sod that - I have an all Access but Im still taking my MFC :evil: . If someone doesnt HAVE a controller Ill sell them my All Access :lol:

Back
Top Bottom