Got my MFC 101!

Larry Mitchell

Power User
hey guys,

I received my MFC 101 the other day. Here is a little video. its on youtube as well but they flagged the songs in my video. So if you want. you can download it from my idisk. Or you can watch it on you tube. But it's much funnier with the music. I will have to change the music on the one from youtube soon and upload it again.

Here is the link for download from my iDisk.

files.me.com/mitchellmusic/ngi6k8

Here is the link to the music-less youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsnerBGapk0

A great foot controller it is. It was very easy to set up. I did read online about the new firmware for it on my flight home on Friday. Got it Friday evening and the first thing i did was download and install the new firmware! It was very easy. The next thing I did was install 10.02 before the MFC came. I downloaded and read parts f the manual while waiting also. I did miss some things but quickly got that sorted out with Help from Cliff.

I did reset the system Parameters as well. I noticed that resetting the parameters reset my global EQ!! had to re do that. I also had to turn the Spillover function back on. That was reset to OFF as well.

The MFC is a great controller and as you'll see in the video, it all (Ultra and MFC) fits nice and tight in my carry-on travel
bag. I still have and will use my Jr. But I am loving all the instant access switches on MFC as well as the easy set up and use! All the other controllers I have will probably go soon. In Fact, It seems now might be time to sell a lot of my other gear. :) Never thought i would do that but most of it does not get used. and I have a lot of stuff. May sell a bit of gear to get another Ultra. My current one has been to Europe a couple of times, South America and all over the US including Alaska many times and Hawaii! And it looks like it's been all over. :) Yes I carry it in carry on luggage, no rack case. that seems to be the only way i can get it and a couple of guitars on most planes. :)

Thanks for watching.

Larry

I enjoyed the video. Cool studio, and the fabled MFC.

I think it is a bit ironic that they disabled the soundtrack on a Grammy winner's video. :)

Thanks for watching. It is my fault that the video got flagged. I used the theme song from the Jeffersons "moving on up" . It's still up there with out music I guess pending on clearance, they may un block the sound. It does make the video funny. ;-)

I just put the video again on YouTube with my music and the jeopardy theme (which does not get flagged for some reason).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSAEpmlpuE&sns=em

Larry

I laughed, I cried. :D I like the Grammy polishing. It's way funnier with the audio. Cracked me up! Twix? Hat? Nunchucks? Hmm. :D

I dig the fly rig too. Smart.

Ha ha, very nice. :mrgreen:

The beginning with the tour through the house is kinda like MTV Cribs... Though I missed the Bentley and Cristal.

;-)

What, you guys didn't get nunchucks and a twix? Or a Teddy bear? With yours :)

Hmmmm. MTV cribs :) I totally missed the chance to do a refrigerator scene. :) I can see it now. "here's what I like to snack on" opens the door and it's full of fruit, bottled water and 3 shelves of ultras! Individually sealed for freshness for sure.

The hat is very cool, not my style but it fits my large head and I'm rock'n it anyway!

Gotta have some fun every chance you get. :)

Larry

Larry Mitchell said:
The MFC is a great controller and as you'll see in the video, it all (Ultra and MFC) fits nice and tight in my carry-on travel
bag. I still have and will use my Jr.

Larry I have a Jr. and don't know if I want to upgrade. Is there a reason you have to keep the Jr.? Also I like the back pack carrying case. I have a Gator 4 space rack (like your old 2 space, but the 4U version) It looks like I could take it on the plane with one of my guitars in a gig bag, but I have never had to try it before. Since you fly so much what do you think?

Hi Larry,

Man, I covet your travel bag. I need something to schlep my Ultra to a festival we're playing in La Habana in December. When you have a sec, could you post the name of the bag manufacturer and model?

Many thanks for your help! BF3

Hi guys,

Big fun3, I use to travel with the 2 space rack bag , but I need to put some other stuff in there and keep it organized so I started looking for a computer type case with pockets. I found this "Moblie IT" base at office max or depot?it was around a hundred bucks.it works but it is a Really tight fit. I can't really recommend it because the axe fx rack ears started to cut through the opening. So I had a friend cut off the rack ears. It was fitting really well with the liquid foot jr. And the ultra, wireless cables exp pedal. But it is tight again with the MFC 101 but it fits and is not too bulky. I like it because it looks like a regular computer back pack on wheels! So becomes my carry on and the guitar is my one personal item. I've had close calls with flight attendants when I had the rack bag and it looked like gear. I don't understand it either but have good chocolate bars for flight attendant bribes is a good idea.
I have tried Many bags including the gator back pack rack bag. It was too big and too heavy for me. You are welcome to use it for you December gig if you want. Just cover the shipping.

Hope that helps.

Larry

Fienberger,

I kept one of my liquid foot jr.'s as it is a great controller and will fit and travel well in those times when I will be traveling long and in small planes and vans/cars. I have a choice of which I can use. There are also plenty of artists that I play with where I just need 3-4 presets and IA's and that's all and the Jr. Is perfect and light for that. For most jogs though I ak relying heavily on having a lot of IA's with the MFC.
I'm getting rid of all the other controllers I have just going to keep the jr and the MFC.
They both are great.

Back
Top Bottom