Got my Axe II , transporting it?

ouzyuksek

Hey folks,

My Axe arrived today, it took one business day to arrive with group shipping! YAY!
You know , this is a huge machine when you are traveling by plane. I have to travel with my Axe by plane and if you have any suggestions for securing it, I want to hear them.

Can I put it in my luggage?
Should I get a rack case? Can I use t as carry on? If so, recommend me one. :D
Etc...

Thank you guys,
Oguz

P.S: If you have any guitar to Axe cabe recommendations and also headphone suggestions, i would appreciate that. :)

If you have a small rack bag (must be soft sided) you can probably put it in the overhead storage bin. Depends on the airline.

Most airlines allow you to carry it. I wouldn't check it in... To previous to allow airlines to screw with it, rack case or no.

I agree with SmartAxe. A soft [2u] rack bag would work. I suggest you check out Gator RGB-2u. I use a Gator 3U soft gig bag because I got sick of dragging my heavy hard rack. I also went to Target and bought a Targus laptop carry bag that fits my MFC-101, and all my pedals and other gear. The Targus has a handle and rolling wheels. It was around $40 as I recall. Now I pick the guitar I want to play, throw the FX bag over my shoulder, and wheel the Targus bag. I go from car to stage in one trip. For me, it is usually the roadie's week off so portability is king.

As for the airplanes, if you travel half as much as me, you know that TSA really stands for Thousands Standing Around. Folks that are too dimwitted to work at DMV end up at TSA. I'm thinking they may look at your stuff a lot. They are gonna touch your junk. I also think that the FX is not going to fit well on small regional jets. Height will be OK but depth might be a problem. You may have to use the bag valet or put it under the seat in front of you. I would opt for the seat in front of me. Hope this helps you.

This will be a transatlantic flight. I have no experience traveling with this kind of stuff.
I might get an Gator GRB-2u or 3u. Does the space in 3u makes difference? I can put a rack drawer in there maybe.

Any opinions on headphones and cables are welcome. :)

Edit: I'm also carrying a laptop with me and I can only get one carry on.

http://www.amazon.com/Gator-Laptop-...2136319&sr=1-2&keywords=gator+2u+studio+to+go

This makes sense to me. I'm not going to put my laptop there all the time but i can put a coiled cable over there :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom