Got an Ultra - Trying to Decide on a Controller

joe1871

Inspired
I gave up on my G-System and bought an Axe-FX ultra. So far I am very happy I did, beautiful tone and a lot more practical than the G. However I need recommendations on what to buy for a controller. I have a Midi-Mate, which I gues is adequate, but if i spent the money I did on the Axe, I really don't want adequate. What is the general consensus on good to best foot controllers? I have owned a GCX in that past and recognize that unit's advantages. I would like something that lets me attach two controller pedals (Volume and Expression) to the foot panel, so I don't have to run cables to the back line. Whatever opinions you can tell me would be very appreciated.

I have a lead on a Rocktron "All Access" pedal, but I am concerned that the age of the All Access may be limiting in some way. Its been around forever. Is it a good match?

Thanks Everyone!

Joe

Hay. Roctron is great but costs a lot, GCX is great but how many switches do you need ie can you see yourself needing to switch in and out lots of pedals/fx/eq's in and out of your patchs a lot or would you just be changing patches?

Fractal will be doing thier own dedicated controler at some point..........

I'll be using my FCB 1010 with Un0 chip until then!

Liquid-Foot has special support for the Axe-Fx (syncing presets and such).
But evidently support has vanished.

Fractal's own MFC should be here any moment. Probably the best thing to wait for but the waiting list is probably long.

Gordius Little Giant can sync with the Axe too, and display the Axe-Fx tuner on its own display.
IMO the most advanced controller on the market today. Terrific support. But it'll be expensive when living in the USA.

yek said:
But it'll be expensive when living in the USA.

....inside EU aswell.

Having said that, note that I didn't say it was overpriced!...

Besides the raving reviews of some of the forummembers (and one in particular ;) ) the thing that really really sold me is the video of the AxeFx syncing it's patches with the Little Giant (search on youtube for user ossandust).

Not that I'll be using that feature, but it just shows that de developer goes above and beyond to make sure his product has ease of use, aswell as the most extensive feature set that I know of in a midi controller.

If you can find Axess Electronics midi pedals on eBay get those! They are the best but unfortunately discontinued. I was lucky and got just the pedal I wanted: the MFC5 which is very small but built like a tank and fits my needs perfectly. Voodoo Labs would be my second choice.

My Liquid Foot Pro gives my Axe FX a run for its money as far as bang for the buck. I consider both to be an indispensable part of my set up. Unfortunately it looks like the owner is MIA as of late. But if you could get one, I'd absolutely recommend it (and I've owned a handful).

Back
Top Bottom