gordius with a mac

NashFX

Does anyone have experience with the gordius products using a Mac?

Does it work well?

I really wish the software interfaced with the Mac OS.

Thanks!

A mac editor is under construction. So far you have to either use BootCamp, Parallels or VMWare to boot windows and run the win editor.

But that works like a charm, although I actually can't stand booting windowns on my mac :p

Here's some intel from the horse's mouth back in December...

"actually quite a few of the more advanced features can be set up through the editor only. Basic functionality like creating patches and presets, banks, songs, setlists, programming expression pedal setups,... can be done with the built-in menus. You can have a detailed answer by looking at chapter 17 of the user manual. That's the setup reference. For each topic, it is specified if it is available in the local menus, or only in the editor."
"- Pedal calibration is editor only, but that is because the functionality is very new (came with the recent release of the 2nd generation products), I didn't have the time yet to add it to the local menu structure. It will be added later on."

"I don't have an estimated release date yet for the Mac editor (I'm very cautious - don't want to promise something and then start delaying things....) I'm currently still researching what the best options are for the Little Giant to communicate with the Mac (USB of course, but maybe I will try not using MIDI - that would open up some more possibilities). Once that is clear to me, I will start the development of the Mac editor. "

Thanks

I feel like I am limbo as to which controller to buy.

I would like either the Fractal, Little Giant or Liquid Foot but each come with their own issues right now!

NashFX said:
I would like either the Fractal, Little Giant or Liquid Foot but each come with their own issues right now!
The little giant has the most features and is the most finished product out there. If you simply boot your mac into windows you harness 100% of programability. If you program from the footswitch you're doing a lot of menu diving and less programability, but you can work it that way too.

Muris_Varajic said:
NashFX said:

What issues have you found on Fractal controller? :D

I can honestly say I have never had a problem with one.

Back
Top Bottom